Last Poster #7

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Was. He had it for a couple of years and my Uncle Vick drove it into a building. I've only ever seen it in pictures... was gone before I turned two years old. :D

that is sad. Something similar happened to a friend of mine He was restoring a 68 firebird convertible and all he needed was paint. When a friend of is offered him an unholy amount of money for it, so he took it.

a month later it was wrapped around a telephone pole, the guy just could not resist driving it, did not matter it was icy and winter, and of course, he just had to go fast....never did get painted

731_main_l.jpg

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT

To all you bacon obsessed overly salted process meat addicts who have been trying and trying an trying to get me to eat bacon.....well I'm on vacation...and they had a free breakfast....so I took a piece.....ONE piece of bacon...... mustered up as much courage as i possibly could..... and took a bite...one bite....one small bite.....and it is just as disgusting, greasy an overly salted as I remember....and I still absolutely hate it.....so far there is not enough tea to wash the vile taste of bacon out of my mouth

My bacon hate renewed and my reasons reinforced...I shall now take my anti bacon protest to a higher level and work towards a free world that is no longer controlled by governments and oppressed by their bacon addiction...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!
Of course it was unsatisfactory. Hotel breakfast bar bacon is the lowest form of bacon; even grocery store precooked bacon is better. It might even have been.... steady, boys, this will be rough... turkey "bacon"... the horror!!

You need proper, freshly cooked, crispy, sizzling hot bacon... Or thick slab cut bacon, crisped and heated through...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Of course it was unsatisfactory. Hotel breakfast bar bacon is the lowest form of bacon; even grocery store precooked bacon is better. It might even have been.... steady, boys, this will be rough... turkey "bacon"... the horror!!

You need proper, freshly cooked, crispy, sizzling hot bacon... Or thick slab cut bacon, crisped and heated through...

Well, since you put it that way......

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
ANNOUNCEMENT

To all you bacon obsessed overly salted process meat addicts who have been trying and trying an trying to get me to eat bacon.....well I'm on vacation...and they had a free breakfast....so I took a piece.....ONE piece of bacon...... mustered up as much courage as i possibly could..... and took a bite...one bite....one small bite.....and it is just as disgusting, greasy an overly salted as I remember....and I still absolutely hate it.....so far there is not enough tea to wash the vile taste of bacon out of my mouth

My bacon hate renewed and my reasons reinforced...I shall now take my anti bacon protest to a higher level and work towards a free world that is no longer controlled by governments and oppressed by their bacon addiction...

DOWN WITH BACON!!!!
But....

I

AM

SO

PROUD

OF

YOOOOOOOOOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is just the beginning of the journey for you don't worry...

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Fully agree that it has much do to with quality. The crap you get from McDonald's or IHOP is literally scrap trimmings. So not an apples to apples comparison.
Wright brand bacon is simply the best you will find. It is like comparing a hamburger steak to Filet Mignon.
Wright Brand Bacon

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I must fess up. So let the fessing begin......

I only eat turkey bacon. You know why? Cuz that's what the Mrs buys. It's just so much easier than trying to convince her otherwise.

I now feel refreshingly fessed. So...I must have some bacon now.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

I only eat turkey bacon. You know why? Cuz that's what the Mrs buys. It's just so much easier than trying to convince her otherwise.

Since we're confessing...
I actually don't eat much bacon. I prefer sausage.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh...

Knowingly and voluntarily eating turkey bacon? I suppose it's better than some vegetarian imitation bacon... but I'm disapointed in you, gentlemen.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I eat regular bacon, but I don't eat it very often. I do like sausage of all kinds. In fact, tonight I'm going to make some chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya, which I will enjoy immensely.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Sigh...

Knowingly and voluntarily eating turkey bacon? I suppose it's better than some vegetarian imitation bacon... but I'm disapointed in you, gentlemen.
Hey, who are you calling a gentleman?

And you know what, once in great while the Mrs buys some regular bacon. If I don't happen to originally open it's package (once it's open she wraps it in something else) I cook it in the microwave (yes, I know, more blasphemy) throw it on a roll with lettuce and tomato and don't even realize it's regular bacon.

She says it's because I usually eat things like a hungry wolf. In turn, I tell her it's why I usually eat just before meals - to make her happy. Yeah, that didn't work.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

I just wonder what part of the turkey makes bacon

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I kinda like Turkey bacon. It lacks the crunch you get in pork bacon but I've bought and cooked Turkey bacon and didn't regret it. A lot less greace too meaning I don't get popped as much! I've also noticed Turkey bacon doesn't shrivel up as much.

Maple turkey bacon is A-okay! :D

Latest Discussions