Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yup. Definitely situations where you need to defend yourself. And while someone's history isn't a reason for them to be shot, it does suggest something else may have happened. As an example, based on that history, and having heard of similar situations occur: She got high on something that was not what she thought, got aggressive or hallucinated. Then went to either attack the kid (that the CPS cases are about), or even worse, got angry with the kid and went to attack it. If he's in fear for his own life, the gun is a fair option. If it's a kid and he's not close enough to stop her, the gun is pretty much the only option.

Obviously I don't know the story-all I know is what you posted. But this is an entirely possible situation, and certain outlets would not release (or hide halfway through the story) all those details.
there were 911 contacts about the couple threatening minors on the property, etc...
It would make for a script nobody in Hollywood would buy as too contrived.
It might end up on Lifetime though.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I know this will probably start a flame war...but it has to be said

Had some Italian fontina cheese today... for the first time...and here are my thoughts....is it kind of like a super mild Swiss chees with a hint of Cheddar and totally disappointing all around...nope... don't like it

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

Had some Italian fontina cheese today... for the first time...and here are my thoughts....is it kind of like a super mild Swiss chees with a hint of Cheddar and totally disappointing all around...nope... don't like it
You obviously ate it wrong.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

You're eating it wrong. Add some bacon.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Maaaassive moment for the Russian (sorry, Russian Olympic Commitee ;D ) men's team gymnastics, took the gold, such an incredible thing to witness. They could not believe it, they were so over the moon happy!

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Maaaassive moment for the Russian (sorry, Russian Olympic Commitee ;D ) men's team gymnastics, took the gold, such an incredible thing to witness. They could not believe it, they were so over the moon happy!
Seems weird to me that Russia is banned from the games, but they still have athletes under the ROC? I don't understand whatever loophole allowed that.

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Haha ah yes, was thinking of checking these out... how are they comfort-wise? Stays in place, little need to constantly adjust etc?
I had a good, hard, and sweaty class last night, and it held up like a champ. I didn't have to adjust the uniform, even once. My Shureido TK-10, I still have to adjust from time to time during class. I think I've found my new favorite uniform!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Seems weird to me that Russia is banned from the games, but they still have athletes under the ROC? I don't understand whatever loophole allowed that.
Yep, I honestly have no idea how that works... it's quite a loophole if you can just invent a new group, that still clearly states it's Russia but in a different way hehe.

Oh and use a completely different flag and new anthem (Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1). Bizarre!

Last edited:

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a good, hard, and sweaty class last night, and it held up like a champ. I didn't have to adjust the uniform, even once. My Shureido TK-10, I still have to adjust from time to time during class. I think I've found my new favorite uniform!
Oh that's awesome, thanks so much for letting me know!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think there is the option for some to participate under the Olympic flag.
Is that what you are seeing?
I think refugees have been using it mostly, but I seem to recall some Russians have as well, in the midst of the ongoing doping problems with Russia,

Latest Discussions