Last Poster #7

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mum loves experimenting with her cake making... this one is CERTAINLY new.. and she just bought it round.

It's 'chocolate cake'. BUT, with some secret ingredients of... stout, and mustard.

She makes incredible cakes all the time, but we shall see how this one goes down [emoji14] :s
Stout, I could see. Mustard is more interesting.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My (husband's) family is losing their minds!
the mom thinks the world is going to end because of (political) reasons that involve non-binary people getting to use bathrooms without harassment

My brother-in-law is trying to run with the big dogs, but his legs are too stubby.
He figures he can buy a house for 850k on a 100+k income.....
Stretch Armstrong wouldn't reach this far.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll try to do better if you will.
I'm not even sure what you think I did in this thread. I dropped a post to comment that some folks don't use best practices because their personal preference (how they prefer to receive communication) is misaligned, and they fail to adapt to others' needs.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
honestly, you're the one picking a fight about style and clearly from a position of ignorance. I don't get you sometimes. You're like a freshman english student arguing that shakespeare did iambic pentameter wrong.
You started arguing instantly about a claim I didn't make, even when I stated clearly in a later post that best practice exists. My start wasn't confrontational, at all, it was dropping a point of interest about why people do things.

As for the freshman comment, reconsider how often you assume others lack knowledge you own, and how often you fail to assume the opposite can occur.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh geez... sorry to hear that brother, sad for sure... hoping a fresh start comes naturally and smoothly.
As things clear up a bit (vaccinations become widespread), I think it'll be easy to get started as folks get back to gyms and such.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mum loves experimenting with her cake making... this one is CERTAINLY new.. and she just bought it round.

It's 'chocolate cake'. BUT, with some secret ingredients of... stout, and mustard.

She makes incredible cakes all the time, but we shall see how this one goes down [emoji14] :s
Share your experience - I'm interested. The stout sounds very appealing - not sure how the mustard affects flavor...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You started arguing instantly about a claim I didn't make, even when I stated clearly in a later post that best practice exists. My start wasn't confrontational, at all, it was dropping a point of interest about why people do things.

As for the freshman comment, reconsider how often you assume others lack knowledge you own, and how often you fail to assume the opposite can occur.
I think you should consider how often you point the finger elsewhere. Not just at me, but at anyone who disagrees with you. It is predictable that at some point you will say that the other person is intentionally arguing with you or something along those lines, because of course, it's never you. Maybe, instead of getting upset with other people, you do a little introspection first.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As things clear up a bit (vaccinations become widespread), I think it'll be easy to get started as folks get back to gyms and such.
Looks like summertime. So, hopefully by the Fall we will be mostly opened back up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In other news, I do not recommend hanging upper cabinets by oneself. I did it and hope never to do it again.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I don't know if this means I'm getting older (and I most certainly am older) or if I'm getting tired of it all, or complacent, or any number of things that basically point to I no longer care to waste my time.....but I just read a thread...and you know....it is mostly right, but a lot of wrong due to the lack of understanding, of the person typing, as to what the thing they are actually talking about is for and how it applies......my first thought after reading it was.....I now longer care to get involved.....and left the thread

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
On a serious note; I've been reading about the current violence against Asians and although I pity the fool who attacks my wife head on, I am still beginning to worry, they rarely attack head on and usually not alone.... maybe her idea of spending 6 months a year in Canada is not so bad after all.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you should consider how often you point the finger elsewhere. Not just at me, but at anyone who disagrees with you. It is predictable that at some point you will say that the other person is intentionally arguing with you or something along those lines, because of course, it's never you. Maybe, instead of getting upset with other people, you do a little introspection first.
I have plenty of disagreements with folks who make sense. Then there are a few who seem determined to find fault in posts without really caring what the intention (or sometimes the actual post) was. Those I point out.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Talking about the pot calling the kettle black. Dude.

Latest Discussions