Last Poster #7

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't figure it out

It is not the American side of the equation, its the Canadian that is causing the problem...so it would be the Canadians saying Americans were a threat to Canadian society....I blame Justin Trudeau
Maybe the US side isn't being polite enough or is refusing to translate all requests into several languages? ;)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
The Chinese Mooncake festival (Mid-Autumn Festival 2021) is Tuesday September 21. Mrs Xue does not celebrate it, beyond buying Chinese mooncakes full of red bean (which is not the traditional mooncake for the festival). She bought 3 moon cakes full of red bean last week. They are in my refrigerator..... my biggest issue at the moment is not eating them all

This is really close to actual size

532671-red-bean-paste-chinese-moon-cake-which-is-must-for-mid-autumn-festival.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Thanks all for the micey advicey! Very helpful! Yeah trying to avoid them dying up there and smelling... will see what we do, or whether we just hope they leave eventually hehe
Ha. Let us know how that works for you. Geberally speaking, denial is a bad idea. But In this case, I think it will work great! :)

The Chinese Mooncake festival (Mid-Autumn Festival 2021) is Tuesday September 21. Mrs Xue does not celebrate it, beyond buying Chinese mooncakes full of red bean (which is not the traditional mooncake for the festival). She bought 3 moon cakes full of red bean last week. They are in my refrigerator..... my biggest issue at the moment is not eating them all

532671-red-bean-paste-chinese-moon-cake-which-is-must-for-mid-autumn-festival.jpg
Is it true that the traditional moon cake has a duck egg yolk in it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ha. Let us know how that works for you. Geberally speaking, denial is a bad idea. But In this case, I think it will work great! :)

Is it true that the traditional moon cake has a duck egg yolk in it?

Has a yolk in it, I don't know if it is duck or chicken, but I do know the Chinese eat duck eggs. My wife likes them. I tried them and I am not a fan

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or some snakes... Black rats or garter snakes are great depending on where you live.
There was a really gorgeous black snake in the field near our previous house. I'm pretty sure it and its brethern are why we had so few mice and no rats in that old farmhouse.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There was a really gorgeous black snake in the field near our previous house. I'm pretty sure it and its brethern are why we had so few mice and no rats in that old farmhouse.
For the record, I'm not going to invite a GD snake into my house. That's crazy talk. When my parents were in Henrietta, TX I crawled under my dad's house to help him run some plumbing. Was in the crawl space that was maybe 2 feet high... and the number of MF'ing bull snakes and bull snake skins I had to literally crawl over was downright horrible!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I'm not going to invite a GD snake into my house. That's crazy talk. When my parents were in Henrietta, TX I crawled under my dad's house to help him run some plumbing. Was in the crawl space that was maybe 2 feet high... and the number of MF'ing bull snakes and bull snake skins I had to literally crawl over was downright horrible!
I used to have a ball python. She got out a few times and wandered for a day or two before returning. Her best was when a friend was apartment-sitting and woke up with her curled up next to him.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Below is a list of what's happened since coming home today.
- Say hi to wife.
- Wife tells me she wants something specific tonight, that she normally makes.
- I change, go to common room, wife tells me that she won't have time to make it, but already has all the ingredients out, asks me to make it.
- I say sure, but that I don't know how.
- She pulls up her recipe for it.
- She tells me that I should make sure everything is prepared so I can do the first and second steps at the same time, otherwise food will burn.
- I start cooking, following her advice.
- She complains that I did the first and second step at the same time, rather than letting the first bit cook for a minute first.
Apparently, I was supposed to know that when she said do them at the same time, she actually meant wait a bit, but then do the second step really quickly.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
- Say hi to wife.
- I change, go to common room, wife tells me that she won't have time to make it, but already has all the ingredients out, asks me to make it.
- She tells me that I should make sure everything is prepared so I can do the first and second steps at the same time, otherwise food will burn.
- She complains that I did the first and second step at the same time, rather than letting the first bit cook for a minute first.
Apparently, I was supposed to know that when she said do them at the same time, she actually meant wait a bit, but then do the second step really quickly.

So its not just my wife....she too believe I'm a mind reader. Also thinks I can understand her major mispronunciations (she is a native Chinese speaker)....... I dare to figure out what the "Quincy sea" actually was

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
- Say hi to wife.
What did you make?

In a similar vein, my wife said she was cooking chicken this evening. That is, btw, the only thing she cooks.

But about an hour ago, she texted me a recipe without context for a grilled pork tenderloin. I (stupidly) presumed she wanted to eat that, so I went to the store, came home and fired up the grill. She says, “oh, you’re cooking?” I mean, when I share a recipe, it’s because I want to eat that thing.

Last edited:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What did you make?

In a similar vein, my wife said she was cooking chicken this evening. That is, btw, the only thing she cooks.

But about an hour ago, she texted me a recipe without context for a grilled pork tenderloin. I (stupidly) presumed she wanted to eat that, so I went to the store, came home and fired up the grill. She says, “oh, you’re cooking?” I mean, when I share a recipe, it’s because I want to eat that thing.
A chicken/garlic/parmesan linguine. Nothing complicated, she's just very specific about her meals. We both made similar mistakes, and it's the same one Xue struggles with-despite all expectations on their end we have not figured out how to read minds.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Happy Mooncake Festival Day!

First time I've ever said that!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
A chicken/garlic/parmesan linguine. Nothing complicated, she's just very specific about her meals. We both made similar mistakes, and it's the same one Xue struggles with-despite all expectations on their end we have not figured out how to read minds.
Oh man... that sounds delicious....