Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
A chicken/garlic/parmesan linguine. Nothing complicated, she's just very specific about her meals. We both made similar mistakes, and it's the same one Xue struggles with-despite all expectations on their end we have not figured out how to read minds.
Ah, with pasta, I hate when I forget to save some of the starchy water for the sauce.

I can't help with the reading minds thing, but will say after 27 years, my wife and I have figured a few things out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What is a Manipulation?

You are put under anesthesia, taken into the operating room, the doctor forces the bend and straighten the leg about 15 times. You go to recovery, you wake up, go home, and spend the next few days with the knees version of a migraine. Then hopefully, you don't build up more scar tissue

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Below is a list of what's happened since coming home today.
- Say hi to wife.
- Wife tells me she wants something specific tonight, that she normally makes.
- I change, go to common room, wife tells me that she won't have time to make it, but already has all the ingredients out, asks me to make it.
- I say sure, but that I don't know how.
- She pulls up her recipe for it.
- She tells me that I should make sure everything is prepared so I can do the first and second steps at the same time, otherwise food will burn.
- I start cooking, following her advice.
- She complains that I did the first and second step at the same time, rather than letting the first bit cook for a minute first.
Apparently, I was supposed to know that when she said do them at the same time, she actually meant wait a bit, but then do the second step really quickly.
Just remember, she’s right and you’re sorry.

Repeat as necessary.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you make?

In a similar vein, my wife said she was cooking chicken this evening. That is, btw, the only thing she cooks.

But about an hour ago, she texted me a recipe without context for a grilled pork tenderloin. I (stupidly) presumed she wanted to eat that, so I went to the store, came home and fired up the grill. She says, “oh, you’re cooking?” I mean, when I share a recipe, it’s because I want to eat that thing.
Give it up; you can't win. A few years ago, when I called on the way home from work and asked what dinner was, I apparently somehow gave the impression that my wife's cooking isn't satisfactory, and I'd just had that at work, so...

I somehow ended up responsible for the cooking to this day.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are put under anesthesia, taken into the operating room, the doctor forces the bend and straighten the leg about 15 times. You go to recovery, you wake up, go home, and spend the next few days with the knees version of a migraine. Then hopefully, you don't build up more scar tissue
Ow. That is all.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I also wasn't willing to spend the 5 bucks to read the full story. But there you go.
Apparently, nobody thought twice about the compound bow in the vicinity earlier. You guys carry those to fight off the spiders there?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I am now doing all the PT exercises and stretches 3 times a day...that too is ow...but if at all possible I am going to avoid the whole anesthesia thing again for a little while longer
Last time I was under, they had to call orderlies on me. Apparently, I woke up swinging.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For range of motion?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
There may be a Hurricane here by Sunday evening....likely only a category 1, and I am far from the center if it hits, but it is a hurricane.this far north......I like storms though so it will be interesting

Latest Discussions