Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
And I'm about 6% Norwegian so.......

But I don't like hotdogs...sorry

And why are all the tools in the posting toolbar greyed out?
Well, then, just have a little more cake. And a good cup of coffee (or tea). This is the cake I made yesterday. It's a traditional sponge (eggs, sugar, flour, and baking powder), layered with a red currant jam, vanilla custard, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries and blueberries. It's a messy cake, but so delicious.

E1j7r_HVUAc9vup.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well, then, just have a little more cake. And a good cup of coffee (or tea). This is the cake I made yesterday. It's a traditional sponge (eggs, sugar, flour, and baking powder), layered with a red currant jam, vanilla custard, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries and blueberries. It's a messy cake, but so delicious.

View attachment 26770

DANG!!!!! Now I want cake :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

View attachment 26770
Must have been messy cake day...

There was supposed to be a photo of a Hummingbird cake we made yesterday, but neither of my devices will let that happen.

God, I dislike this new format so much.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just have to share this... mostly in hopes of venting my frustration and preventing me from drinking an entire bottle of Crown royal

Its a work from home day and I am doing support via email... this is a short read, I left out a few steps that were an attempt to confirm what I said to do was done...and it took about 40 minutes

- a user can't log into his laptop....while not on the network....
- I tell him to use the local account and the local passwords (sent it to him too)
- He tells me he still can't log in...
- I ask him if he used the local account and password I told him to user
- He says yes, then says I just tried again and I still can't get in..
- I ask him what user name and passwords he is using
- He says the local
- I ask again, send it to me
- He sends me his network log in and password...whish is decidedly NOT the local I type out and sent him...so I type it out again... and send it....just to make sure he gets it right
- Still can't get in
- I send him the local info again and say in big bold letters use this one.....like this
- Local user <<<< USE THIS ONE
- Local password <<< USE THIS ONE
- DO NOT USE YOUR NETWORK LOG ON
- I hear nothing for 5 minute, I email him and ask if he got in........another 5 minutes passes...I get a response...."yes...thank you"

Its times like this I wonder why I gave up drinking

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I am a curious person, and I read a lot of scientific articles. A lot of them. And I am known to go down rabbit holes, reading one article and then looking at the citations to find my way to other articles.

I read an article today I wish I hadn't.

Imagine something like the larvae below (ringed with barbs). I read the abstract for the article linked below, and thought, "That's awful. What the cuss is a botfly?"

I looked it up. This is what the larvae look like:

human-bot-fly-3rd-instar-Buss.jpg

If I were going to make a new evil Kaiju for a Japanese horror movie, this would be it. Can anyone top this? If you were going to take a small insect and make it a giant Kaiju for a Japanese movie, what would it be?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am a curious person, and I read a lot of scientific articles. A lot of them. And I am known to go down rabbit holes, reading one article and then looking at the citations to find my way to other articles.

Imagine something like the larvae below (ringed with barbs). I read the abstract for the article linked below, and thought, "That's awful. What the cuss is a botfly?"

If I were going to make a new evil Kaiju for a Japanese horror movie, this would be it. Can anyone top this? If you were going to take a small insect and make it a giant Kaiju for a Japanese movie, what would it be?
I do this, too. Sometimes to the detriment of my personal peace.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oh my! That would be quite the uhh.... I don't even know the correct descriptive word!

Just maybe, golly gosh!

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I have to read a ton of white papers to stay current in the type of work I do. I read scientific journals quite often as well (mostly in the physical world) but never feel compelled to go down the 'rabbit trail' very often. It is more about my division of free time (or lack thereof). In other words, choice.
That stuff can really get in your head and get you pre-occupied.

We have to play the 'what-if' game in the control world. That is one seriously never ending rabbit trail.

Latest Discussions