Last Poster #7

I hear you...

Over the last couple of years, I've been figuratively kicked in the teeth time and time again. Moved to a new assignment, twice now. Last one put me on midnights -- and with no regular assistant supervisor to help me. Put in a new pay plan, based on time in service... and bumped me back 6 year/steps because it would have blown the plan up to put me in at my years of service. Which put me barely ahead of people who started WELL after me. Currently in a promotional process that will shock me if the outcome is anything other than one of two "favored children." Much senior in time to me, and at least on much below in performance.

Pulling the pin gets more and more attractive... if only I could get by on about half pay.
I am in no danger of losing my job or pay, but I do foresee a time within the next year where I will be marginalized, with daily arguments and issues. The office is increasingly becoming anti-government employee and within the next year I will be the last Govt IT person left there.

I am in no danger of losing my job or pay, but I do foresee a time within the next year where I will be marginalized, with daily arguments and issues. The office is increasingly becoming anti-government employee and within the next year I will be the last Govt IT person left there.
But today is not that day.

Keep telling yourself that until Friday, then...

Well whaddaya know, a real live Catch-22

We have required training we must do
So I registered for it
I am told to log in 15 minutes before it starts
However I was not told when it starts
I contacted the IT main office
They told me to contact the department that manages the training page
They told me to contact my main office.....
Training is tomorrow.... still don't know when it starts

Some of you know.
Thursday I lost my husband of 30 years.
he had been very sick for the last year and he finally had no more fight left in him.
Well whaddaya know, a real live Catch-22

We have required training we must do
So I registered for it
I am told to log in 15 minutes before it starts
However I was not told when it starts
I contacted the IT main office
They told me to contact the department that manages the training page
They told me to contact my main office.....
Training is tomorrow.... still don't know when it starts
then tell everybody who needs something done 'sry, waiting for training time'

Some of you know.
he had been very sick for the last year and he finally had no more fight left in him.
Oh my goodness... I'm so incredibly sorry... I'm sending so much love your way. If there's anything we can do at all, we're here okay 💗

Some of you know.

Very sorry for your loss.

Some of you know.

Hey girl.

The pain is overwhelming. I've never been married but I've seen my loved ones lost over and over, and their loves.

The latest was a husband of about 30 years or so, lost overnight to an allergic reaction, out of nowhere.

I know nobody can prepare you for either a quick loss, or a planned one. The insurance vultures love to try though, don't they.

I love you even though I've never met you. And I'm not alone.

Some of you know.
I am so sorry to read this, I apologize that it simply did not register the first time I read it, my condolences
Logged in just for kicks this morning..... training was running... it is a 120 minute training, I connected the last 15 minutes...shows me as completed so everyone is happy...one more ot go this afternoon

Last edited:
Some of you know.

Aw man. I can’t imagine. So sorry to hear this. 😢

I am so sorry to read this, I apologize that it simply did not register the first time I read it, my condolences

Logged in just for kicks this morning..... training was running... it is a 120 minute training, I connected the last 15 minutes...shows me as completed so everyone is happy...one more ot go this afternoon
All good.
I am not sure I register it at times.
Had the supply company out this morning to collect their equipment, feeling a little like a heel. The man isn't gone a week yet and I am getting rid of his bed.
Pragmatism is my strong suit though. we were nearing the 1 year mark, and I did not want to get stuck with the thing.

All good.
I am not sure I register it at times.
Had the supply company out this morning to collect their equipment, feeling a little like a heel. The man isn't gone a week yet and I am getting rid of his bed.
Pragmatism is my strong suit though. we were nearing the 1 year mark, and I did not want to get stuck with the thing.
You have to do what you have to do, and sadly it is time.

Some of you know.

I am so sorry. I can't imagine what you're feeling..internet hugs heading towards you.

Some of you know.

So sorry for your loss.
Prayers and hugs coming your way.

Some of you know.

I’m so sorry for you loss, Granfire. 🙏

Had a cold this week so I made myself some soup.

But I can't eat soup from a can, so I trudged to the store and made this:

Lemon Pepper Chicken Onion Soup:

1 quart water
1 quart chicken bone broth
1 quart regular chicken broth
1 whole white onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chicken bullion
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest (for these last two you can just grab "lemon pepper" off the spice shelf at the local grocery)
8 ounces shredded chicken meat/fat/bone (a few chicken wings ripped up will do)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Boil, then lower heat and simmer for a few hours until the onions liquify (melt in your mouth).

Serve hot in a cup or bowl.

Back