Last Poster #7

Had a cold this week so I made myself some soup.

But I can't eat soup from a can, so I trudged to the store and made this:

Lemon Pepper Chicken Onion Soup:

1 quart water
1 quart chicken bone broth
1 quart regular chicken broth
1 whole white onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chicken bullion
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest (for these last two you can just grab "lemon pepper" off the spice shelf at the local grocery)
8 ounces shredded chicken meat/fat/bone (a few chicken wings ripped up will do)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Boil, then lower heat and simmer for a few hours until the onions liquify (melt in your mouth).

Serve hot in a cup or bowl.
Sounds like a really nice soup. I really like soup. So much so that two days ago it was 91 degrees inside my house at 5 P.M and I was enjoying a big bowl of chicken soup.

Had a cold this week so I made myself some soup.

But I can't eat soup from a can, so I trudged to the store and made this:

Lemon Pepper Chicken Onion Soup:

1 quart water
1 quart chicken bone broth
1 quart regular chicken broth
1 whole white onion, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon chicken bullion
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon lemon zest (for these last two you can just grab "lemon pepper" off the spice shelf at the local grocery)
8 ounces shredded chicken meat/fat/bone (a few chicken wings ripped up will do)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Boil, then lower heat and simmer for a few hours until the onions liquify (melt in your mouth).

Serve hot in a cup or bowl.
Looks like a pretty good chicken soup! Usually, I part out a whole chicken and cook that in the broth first, then pull out the chicken, get the skin and bones out and go from there. It's cheap to buy a whole chicken, and the bones and skin add a ton of flavor. I also generally add carrots and celery in with the onion.

I also notice you don't add any starches to the soup. It's great that way, but it's also a great base for chicken noodle soup, chicken and rice, or chicken and dumplings, if you want. I taught my youngest to make her grandma's famous chicken and dumplings, and that's her specialty now. We get that at least once a month. :)

I really like this statement.

Everything that I have said are truth. Everything that I have done are justice.

凡我所说,皆为真理,凡我所行,尽是正义。
I'm not a native writer but I know you can distill this down to like 4, maybe 3 hanzi.

Let's try together. I'll go first. To 貞

Last edited:
Well I have an ear infection and sinus infection again....
Thought I would go outside and work in the yard....

did a couple quick turns looking at things and started staggering around in my driveway.... caught my balance and decided to go inside... but if any of my neighbors saw me I am pretty sure they think I was drunk.... before noon

Well here I go. 6 hours into fasting and it's 3pm, time to start the medication schedule to flush my pipes.

This is gonna suck...but I know kung fu. I was born for this.

Well here I go. 6 hours into fasting and it's 3pm, time to start the medication schedule to flush my pipes.

This is gonna suck...but I know kung fu. I was born for this.
Ok, for future reference kung fu starts to break down after 64 ounces of Gatorade and 13 ounces of Miralax powder, on top of 4 Dulcalax and nothing to eat but broth.

God bless you people who have gone through this before. Sorry for the oversharing but I need at least the idea in my head that someone right now is reading this and answering "yep!" to my "oofs".

Ok, for future reference kung fu starts to break down after 64 ounces of Gatorade and 13 ounces of Miralax powder, on top of 4 Dulcalax and nothing to eat but broth.

God bless you people who have gone through this before. Sorry for the oversharing but I need at least the idea in my head that someone right now is reading this and answering "yep!" to my "oofs".
Hoping it all goes well mate, hang in there okay..

The prep is the hardest part, but based on your description, it sounds like this is the gentle version. If you don't do a good job, next time they're going to give you the giant jugs of toxic sludge. :)

The prep is the hardest part, but based on your description, it sounds like this is the gentle version. If you don't do a good job, next time they're going to give you the giant jugs of toxic sludge. :)
Had to drink magnesium citrate this morning which is the *** end of this process...miserable but determined.

Going under in about an hour.

the fun starts after midnight
Good luck though.
And keep gussling the gatorade and broth til midnight.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Martial Talk is now in the crosshairs of my post-op, post propofol vendetta.

Even now I can stay calm and civil, to a degree. I've had a little chicken, and little steak, and a little soda.

NO CHEESE.

Wow, we are 3/4 of the way here folks. On our way to the grand finale... here's to a great last quarter 🤙🏻

Decided to go a random metal gig last night, loved it. Around the start of this year a thought popped into my head that I'd love to just go to a random metal gig, not even know any of the bands and just check it out. Was so good. Ears are still ringing haha... 4 hours long it went far out.. Bit of black, death, and progressive/symphonic/operatic metal.

I also strangely love going to gigs solo, I probably prefer it sometimes 🤣

1699999016289.jpeg

Back