Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
my weenie keeps barking at the neighbor's dog.
The giant boxer that had her pulled under the fence once and tried to eat her. At least at that moment, she knew how to shut up and hide. Needless to say, I would like to pet the boxer. With a brick.
He tried to bite me, too when I secured the fence. (they since put a wooden fence up, problems solved. But it wasn't because of the dogs. Their goat came visiting....)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my weenie keeps barking at the neighbor's dog.
The giant boxer that had her pulled under the fence once and tried to eat her. At least at that moment, she knew how to shut up and hide. Needless to say, I would like to pet the boxer. With a brick.
He tried to bite me, too when I secured the fence. (they since put a wooden fence up, problems solved. But it wasn't because of the dogs. Their goat came visiting....)
Our mini-weenie has chased off a black bear. I’m guessing it was confused enough to just want to leave.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Once saw a weenier dog barking at a Staffordshire Bull Terrier at the vets once... Weenie.... bark bark bark..... Staffordshire Bull not even looking at the weenie dog..... then turns his head.... looks for a few seconds....then goes back to looking in the other direction and payed no more attention to the weenier dog.... weenier dog was still barking when I took my dog into see the Vet

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once saw a weenier dog barking at a Staffordshire Bull Terrier at the vets once... Weenie.... bark bark bark..... Staffordshire Bull not even looking at the weenie dog..... then turns his head.... looks for a few seconds....then goes back to looking in the other direction and payed no more attention to the weenier dog.... weenier dog was still barking when I took my dog into see the Vet
Ah, the tolerance of a Staffie...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Ah, the tolerance of a Staffie...
Untitled-design-26.png

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've had a couple of Staffies, they were good friends and a lot of fun. Have a Saffie Bull now, didn't want to deal with sixty or seventy pound dogs anymore. The Staff Bull is thirty five pounds. Hyper and crazy, unfortunately, but a sweet dog that gets along with everyone and every dog, even dogs that attack her. She no care.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you're prepared for the agent of chaos you've just invited into your home.
We've always had a bunch of animals, including lots of dogs, cats and ferrets, all at the same time. Oh, and kids. And grandkids. So chaos is nothing new. He's been here one day and is starting to relax. He's playing with the other dogs and starting to approach us for skritches and play.
He's cute. I love the badger marks... hope he keeps them into adulthood. Some do; some don't.
Yeah, I hope he does too. His parents are both full white. His mother had badger marks, but they faded. So far as I know, there's no reliable way to know if they will fade until it actually happens.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My goofball dog just started whining like it was the end of the world laying in his bed. Finally got up and convinced me to take him outside... Then wandered the house for a minute, and decided he was ready to go out again. He settled for laying on the couch beside me... Older pic:

20170425_175147.jpg

More recent pic, when he decided to try his had at videogames. Didn't work well; no thumbs, y'know.. and, yeah, he's getting old.
20230409_151522.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My goofball dog just started whining like it was the end of the world laying in his bed. Finally got up and convinced me to take him outside... Then wandered the house for a minute, and decided he was ready to go out again. He settled for laying on the couch beside me... Older pic:

View attachment 29788

More recent pic, when he decided to try his had at videogames. Didn't work well; no thumbs, y'know.. and, yeah, he's getting old.
View attachment 29789
That happy face!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Your buddy’s forest doggy wants in.
I got a little more of the story later in the day. My buddy (my old Section Head) lives in No-where Maine. (he's no longer a people person.)

The area where his house is....is a centuries old bear trail. But due to increased development about ten miles further along said trail, the bears lost access to a lot of their food sources. A lot have perished from starvation or been hit by cars.

My buddy spent a couple years building a small pond in his back yard for the bears to have water, and then started putting food out for them, mostly berries which he gets wholesale. He leaves them at the far end of the small pond. He thinks they came up on his porch to say hi.

He's a sharp guy, an experienced outdoorsman and he's looking for an alternate solution for the bears. I hope my wife and I get to visit back East this upcoming fall, we haven't been since the pandemic started. His house is one of the four friends houses we'll be staying at. I'd like to do a fattie (now that I'm retired) and see da bears.

Latest Discussions