Last Poster #7

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
when you buy the wrong stuff....Needed transmission fluid, Started to pour it, realized it was Power stirring.
:confused:

I long since have tossed the receipt out. I guess I will give it to my mechanic.
And buy more of the right stuff (the bottles were both yellow. and I had looked so carefully)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Went to the Australian Open on Monday, iiiiincreedible! Such an amazing day, saw some of our absolute favourite players: Jannik Sinner, Shapovalov, Khachanov, Wawrinka... very cool!

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also attended a free MA Seminar today. This year I wanted to do more seminars and camps, and this one popped up!

It was... quiiite intense haha. Physically demanding with exercise stuff, but also alot of really confronting stuff. Really close quarters, even working on pinching the opponent's skin, pushing thumbs to the throat, grinding forehead on theirs and other stuff. My body is crazy bruised up from the pinching haha but all superficial bruises.

Not a way I wanna train on a consistent basis but was really eye opening and good to be exposed to that messy, gritty stuff. Really proud of myself and felt that my previous tendency would be to tighten up bigtime with that level of confrontation, but was able to stay relaxed and be super fluid which helped dramatically.

The instructors were from all very different styles/backgrounds so they're doing it purely to share and get martial artists together no matter the background which is awesome. Will be sooorrrre tomorrow!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah these guys are seriously some of the fittest people on the planet. Don't know how they play these insanely long matches at that high a level! (And in the heat too!)
I've seen (on TV) matches where they play for over 2 hours. I play with my dad and we need a water break 30 minutes in and are done after an hour. And we're not running or swinging even a 10th as hard as they are!
I spent a summer doing a tennis pros workout every day, and even at the end of the summer I was still wiped.

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
36 here at the moment...business as usual.....yup....we CMA guys of the northeast are most CERTAINLY made of tougher stuff
Nah... your giblets have just already frozen. Us Midwesterners just know the importance of keeping warm.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Nah... your giblets have just already frozen. Us Midwesterners just know the importance of keeping warm.

bunch of sissies..... come to the Adirondacks were men are men.... we LAUGH at the cold....

Time to go for another swim

ice-swimming-fenwick-ridley-1024x610.jpg

OP
Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
bunch of sissies..... come to the Adirondacks were men are men.... we LAUGH at the cold....

Time to go for another swim
Sure. Jump in, jump out, huddle by the fire.

Meanwhile, in Colorado...
1674414674701.jpeg

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Y'all can play in the snow.
I am going to hatch a few more chickens in my livingroom and put on a fur coat! With the high of 47, and expected freeze tonight! (damn, I don't know if I can handle 31 degrees tonight!)

Latest Discussions