Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Also the best ratings night for the Oscars in years, although I doubt anyone expected to see that. Remember #OscarSoWhite? Time for #OscarWars.

I just can't stop laughing whenever I see celebrities lose it and go to fisticuffs, and that whole veneer of civility amongst fully grown actors goes out the window. These people are goofballs like everyone else, many even more so.

This totally beat Kid Rock attacking Tommy Lee at the VMAs.

There's a video making the rounds of Will Smith on the Arsenio Hall show making jokes about the band leaders baldness. The internet never forgets.

Do you ever get the odd feeling that in the post-Avengers era...fighting really does sometimes solve a lot of things?

Like, right now we really should be defending Ukraine, but we're not for some reason. Somebody told me "Duh! World War III Dude!".

"Duh, World War II, dude!", sounds equally goofy. It happened anyway, that's how these things work. Like a man getting up and whacking another man for dissing his woman. That's real.
appeasement went a long way toward enabling Hitler. One might say that's similar to what Europe did when Putin annexed Crimea, but I think the response to the invasion of Ukraine has been very different.

Watching MHK news this morning and there was a person with a job I thought would have been pretty cool. Working for the IJF, the International Judo Federation as a ref. But sadly I am not a Judoka so guess that is not a possible retirement job
That sounds like a fun job. Personally, I think I'd like to get a job in a small coffee roasting facility.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a video making the rounds of Will Smith on the Arsenio Hall show making jokes about the band leaders baldness. The internet never forgets.
I just looked up that video, and he looks like he's 20 there. I'm honestly surprised it's on the internet.

Either way, I'm never a fan of people pointing out someone as hypocritical because of a joke or comment they made more than a few years ago (never mind 30). People change, have their own experiences, and their opinions and sensitivities can change as a result.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I just looked up that video, and he looks like he's 20 there. I'm honestly surprised it's on the internet.

Either way, I'm never a fan of people pointing out someone as hypocritical because of a joke or comment they made more than a few years ago (never mind 30). People change, have their own experiences, and their opinions and sensitivities can change as a result.
Fair point. I don't think that Will Smith is a hypocrite, but I do think there is a legitimate point here. Not that Will Smith is a hypocrite, but more that Will Smith's reaction to Chris Rock had little to do with what Chris Rock actually said. Chris Rock wasn't the cause of Will Smith's rage. He was the hapless bystander who just happened to get caught in the wrong place, at the wrong time. In other circumstances (i.e., told by someone else, somewhere else, or at some other time), that joke would have been funny... or at least benign. All in good fun, which clearly is how Rock intended it.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
If it was not Chris Rock that told the joke, but The Rock (Dwayne Johnson)...would Will have slapped him?

1648570520881.jpeg

Will Smith 6’2”
Chris Rock 5’10”
Dwayne Johnson 6’5”

I'm thinking no, no he wouldn't

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
No it wasn't. Chris Rock told a tasteless and insensitive joke. That does not justify a criminal assault.
I agree with you on both points, but I think you misunderstood my use of "awesome".

There's a reason they call it "shock and awe". And I was.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, but John Cena sure as heck would. And he'd deliver it with impeccable comic timing, too.

John Cena > Dwayne Johnson
Wait just one minute. Have you seen Dwayne host SNL? He was hilarious. I like John too but I’m not sure one is better than the other. I would like to see them pair up.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Wait just one minute. Have you seen Dwayne host SNL? He was hilarious. I like John too but I’m not sure one is better than the other. I would like to see them pair up.
Don't get me wrong. The Rock is great. The Rundown is a fantastic movie I have seen at least a dozen times. But Cena is as good as the Rock in those kinds of movies AND Cena is game for anything. The Rock would never do anything like Peacemaker.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. The Rock is great. The Rundown is a fantastic movie I have seen at least a dozen times. But Cena is as good as the Rock in those kinds of movies AND Cena is game for anything. The Rock would never do anything like Peacemaker.
Ok but did you see the SNL? Im not usually a huge SNL fan but that one was gold. Several very funny skits.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Ok but did you see the SNL? Im not usually a huge SNL fan but that one was gold. Several very funny skits.
I did see it. I've watched SNL every week for about the last 25 years. We DVR it, so we skip through the skits that aren't funny (or usually, are funny for a while, but go on several minutes longer than they should).

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Fresh fruit does fight the flu, but how about finding the fish?

Terry Jones in Loong Ma (麒麟馬步)

1648581613631.png

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
appeasement went a long way toward enabling Hitler. One might say that's similar to what Europe did when Putin annexed Crimea, but I think the response to the invasion of Ukraine has been very different.
different leadership.....
don't agree with the slap, but considering how one prominent latino-american kept his mouth shut when his wife was being dissed..... Rafael will have some 'splaining to do to the missus.....

BTW, hair and black women is a very touchy (no pun intended) subject. there is a loooong history behind it.
And Chris Rock knew.

alas....

Latest Discussions