Last Poster #7

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I would say you are right on the latter part.
I am certain the powers that have any leverage in the pharmaceutical side of this thing have been very controlled and selective.
People want to knock the petroleum industry for being capitalist but what has happened during Covid in regards to discovery, manufacturing, and distribution will forever be a stain on mankind.
What are you talking about? I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
@Gerry Seymour , bought Sam & Max Hit the Road and Maniac Mansion (the latter from the original Money Island creator Ron Gilbert!), good old Black Friday sale haha.

I've still got the list of point+click/puzzle games that @Angry Hobbit gave me, will get onto those eventually, I looked them up, they look great haha
Sam and Max is fun. If you haven’t played Grim Fandango, it’s another good one from Lucasarts back in the day.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sam and Max is fun. If you haven’t played Grim Fandango, it’s another good one from Lucasarts back in the day.
Oh excellent, just wrote it on the list! Looks great! Will wait till it's on sale hehe

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think part of the problem is donations from other wealthy nations like Russia, china and European countries are lagging. The other part is that the lower income nations need some infrastructure to manage (store and deliver) the doses once they receive them.
Agreed, especially on the latter part. The nature of some of the new vaccines makes them very difficult to distribute outside a first-world country, and indeed some places even in first-world countries.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Gerry Seymour , bought Sam & Max Hit the Road and Maniac Mansion (the latter from the original Money Island creator Ron Gilbert!), good old Black Friday sale haha.

I've still got the list of point+click/puzzle games that @Angry Hobbit gave me, will get onto those eventually, I looked them up, they look great haha
Have fun! Somehow, I entirely forgot to see what black Friday deals were out there on new games. But then, I have a few I've been meaning to try out for a while, so maybe I don't really need any more.

Nah, that can't be right.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Agreed, especially on the latter part. The nature of some of the new vaccines makes them very difficult to distribute outside a first-world country, and indeed some places even in first-world countries.
UNICEF seems to be doing a lot of work to distribute vaccines to lower income nations. The USA has already donated over 100 million doses, and has committed to donating more than a billion over the course of the next year, so that should help. But there's really no reason that should fall entirely to America.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The sleeve is a response to double-cupping, to reduce waste (and cost to the company).
Though a zarf, I have learned, can be anything designed to hold a cup without handles. And according to Wikipedia, they are generally ornate, metal affairs. Which begs the question, why hasn't anyone come up with a more durable, reusable version of the coffee cup zarf? I bet people would buy them.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Though a zarf, I have learned, can be anything designed to hold a cup without handles. And according to Wikipedia, they are generally ornate, metal affairs. Which begs the question, why hasn't anyone come up with a more durable, reusable version of the coffee cup zarf? I bet people would buy them.
Around here that would be called a cup with a handle.
Sometimes it is just the simple things.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It is usually called a cup cozy. Crafting sites are full with patterns.

In the olden days those things were common, a way to support flimsy plastic cups, but then Europe became wise on the trash factor and went back to reusable cups.
Only the US is in full embrace of the garbage heap still.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Let me tell you, having parents who spent their lives in the medical field does not make it easier when they got and get sick. My father (Navy: OR, Pharmacy, ambulance, hospital admin. Civilian hospital admin) was a HORRIBLE patient...and the only one I have known that is worse is my mother. Mother is a retired OR nurse, in her 90s, and is not feeling well, has the same exact symptoms I had when I caught covid..... she insists it's just a cold, I insist she get tested, and she is still dragging her feet on getting tested....going to be. series of phone calls today...of that I am sure

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me tell you, having parents who spent their lives in the medical field does not make it easier when they got and get sick. My father (Navy: OR, Pharmacy, ambulance, hospital admin. Civilian hospital admin) was a HORRIBLE patient...and the only one I have known that is worse is my mother. Mother is a retired OR nurse, in her 90s, and is not feeling well, has the same exact symptoms I had when I caught covid..... she insists it's just a cold, I insist she get tested, and she is still dragging her feet on getting tested....going to be. series of phone calls today...of that I am sure
Mt parents never listened to me either, something very frustrating.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, no matter how old you get, you will always be the kid....sometimes they can't make the switch to accepting you as an adult.
I know my dad didn't most times.

Hang in there Xue.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From my current experience I can understand how it is hard to differentiate. I feel totally fine today but of course will honor the 10-day quarantine. I have had zero fever and have never lost my taste or smell. I just felt cruddy for a few days.
My wife says she has completely lost her taste and smell. She has always had sinus issues so I assume this is a factor. She never had a fever but has more pronounced Flu-like symptoms. We are on day 6 since symptoms and day 5 since testing. There has been a mild outbreak at our church so we assume this is where we got it.

It has been hard on me not being able to go to job sites or interact with customers but manageable. Farming stuff is solo most of the time anyway. Property management is pretty self-guiding. Schools are running as usual.
My wife can do almost all of her work remote with the exception of hearings/trials/pre-trial which fortunately has not been an issue.

Depending on how you look at it, I suppose you could say it is just a cold (a coronavirus). The crud is the crud to me. Honestly, I felt pretty ripped off after getting tested. It cost me $300 and all it got me was "go to Walgreens and get some Zicam. Googling for Covid information is frustrating to say the least. The CDC site is hard for me to navigate and very circular on information. I have yet to find any information on why it causes loss of taste/smell. The lack of information (at least for a layperson) is appalling.

I do not like the information I have read about high doses of zinc so have shied away from the Zicam. We have used mullein all my life for cold/Flu. Seems to help considerably.

Latest Discussions