Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
But having seen people linger for days, I am always thinking "How lucky'
Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.
I don't know which is worse, to be honest. They both suck pretty bad. My brother died suddenly a few years ago, and an old friend (someone I went to high school with) just recently died from cancer. My brother was gone suddenly, while my friend passed away over 6 months from diagnosis to her death. Both were pretty brutal, emotionally. Financially, however, long term treatments often bankrupt families in America, even if you have insurance.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
In other news, we rented Cats last night. That is about the weirdest musical I've ever seen.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Something I do not get at all about my knees is that they hurt worse when I have to stand without moving for extended periods. If I can move around or walk (within reason) they do not hurt nearly as bad.

I attended a funeral today for a good friend who was 3 years younger than I am. It was outside at the cemetery and we all stood for about an hour. It got to my knees a good bit.

Funeral's like this one really get your attention. He had no known health problems, worked an outside job, and was found dead in his garage. Boom, and gone. We just really never know.

Sorry to hear about your friend

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't know which is worse, to be honest. They both suck pretty bad. My brother died suddenly a few years ago, and an old friend (someone I went to high school with) just recently died from cancer. My brother was gone suddenly, while my friend passed away over 6 months from diagnosis to her death. Both were pretty brutal, emotionally. Financially, however, long term treatments often bankrupt families in America, even if you have insurance.
as far as family and friends, either is devastating.
I got the news once of a friend passing, right after I returned from my stepmother's funeral. She had battled cancer for 5 years, he had a heart condition, but apparently died quickly! It's just unsettling when the life is slowly draining away (my sister also died of cancer, the 2nd round was about a 6 month swift decline) waiting for 'the death rattle' in breathing, indicating that life is coming - finally - to an end. You have time to make your peace (or not) but still it sucks.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
What do you put in your slaw? I LOVE vinegar slaw.
All kinds of stuff. It starts with red cabbage, but the rest is open to interpretation. This time it was red cabbage, red onions, carrots, currants, Granny Smith apple (@gpseymour , stop giggling. Sorry, y'all, in joke.), and beets. Here is the video I did.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Combination of stress from work and not going to the gym..my backs hurting again. It's not yet at the point that I can't leave my bed, but it's close. Going to have to force some rehab and hope it doesn't keep on progressing.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Got sunburned again. Didn't learn anything from the experience this time either. I will not buy sun block. Even if my cheeks are pink and it kinda looks like I'm blushing. Well considering last time my face was red this ain't bad. Aside from the appearance of blushing not bad. No lessons needed to learn from this experience. Today is still a good day.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Combination of stress from work and not going to the gym..my backs hurting again. It's not yet at the point that I can't leave my bed, but it's close. Going to have to force some rehab and hope it doesn't keep on progressing.
That sucks. Take care of yourself.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah damn.. take care bro, hope it feels better soon. And hope the stress subsides too.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take care of that. I ***** about my knees, but they don't put me down like that. Hope it feels better soon, man.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that, back pain is not fun, not fun at all, spent a week in a hospital and many months out of work in my 30s due to back issues

If I don't do crunches my back starts to hurt and I don't want to ever be in the hospital again for back issues

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Note to self.....

Don't drink vodka and ask your significant other to trim your hair....

Haircut.jpg

Never had a baldy. It's cold.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, back pain is not fun, not fun at all, spent a week in a hospital and many months out of work in my 30s due to back issues

If I don't do crunches my back starts to hurt and I don't want to ever be in the hospital again for back issues
It hasn't gotten that bad for me yet, but it definitely could. And I ended up missing a couple weeks of college, which was okay then but would be a huge issue now that I actually need work for money. It's been a few years so I forgot about the pain from then, now trying to fix it before that happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.