drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200426-125600_Chrome.jpg

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh wow.. :eek:

Victoria still aren't up to that stage yet, I think from May 11 they were going to review.

I'm just worried that as things get eased a bit, giving people an inch and they may take a mile and things could really snowball..

I think the easing back process will have to be really slow and methodical :s

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh wow.. :eek:

Victoria still aren't up to that stage yet, I think from May 11 they were going to review.

I'm just worried that as things get eased a bit, giving people an inch and they may take a mile and things could really snowball..

I think the easing back process will have to be really slow and methodical :s
Like in California....
they opened the beaches, and it was standing room only.....

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I see Mrs Xue is coming around.....on the red bean buns!

Yes, but she counts them, and then complains if you eat to much and tells you how high in calories they are.....I have learned, over the years, not to listen and go about my eating of the red ben buns..

And she was not there, when I ate lunch ;)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, but she counts them, and then complains if you eat to much and tells you how high in calories they are.....I have learned, over the years, not to listen and go about my eating of the red ben buns..

with age comes wisdom!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thia stay at home Covid thing has me confused..... I don't know who I am anymore.....its raining outside and I'm upset because I CAN'T do yard work....time to look under the bed to make sure I'm not a pod person

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
made a mistake yesterday, felt good, so I went for a short walk. About 2/3 miles the knee that was scheduled for surgery a month ago reminded me it was there. At 3/4 mile it let me know it was not liking this at all. Today, it is punishing me for waking. Can't walk very well at all today.
You should listen to your knee.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ooh, she would be in SO much trouble with my family. It's considered quite shocking to track how much is eaten - particularly by guests but by family members too. Anyone doing that and begrudging food to others for any reason is in danger of being ostracized and never receiving any visitors or bring invited anywhere.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Practiced with my flying fans yesterday. Did two hours of canning today - making the super-slaw. Then did a two and a half-hour belly dancing workshop. I am suddenly reminded I am no longer 20. Or 30. Or even 40. Ow.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
made a mistake yesterday, felt good, so I went for a short walk. About 2/3 miles the knee that was scheduled for surgery a month ago reminded me it was there. At 3/4 mile it let me know it was not liking this at all. Today, it is punishing me for waking. Can't walk very well at all today.
Something I do not get at all about my knees is that they hurt worse when I have to stand without moving for extended periods. If I can move around or walk (within reason) they do not hurt nearly as bad.

I attended a funeral today for a good friend who was 3 years younger than I am. It was outside at the cemetery and we all stood for about an hour. It got to my knees a good bit.

Funeral's like this one really get your attention. He had no known health problems, worked an outside job, and was found dead in his garage. Boom, and gone. We just really never know.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Practiced with my flying fans yesterday. Did two hours of canning today - making the super-slaw. Then did a two and a half-hour belly dancing workshop. I am suddenly reminded I am no longer 20. Or 30. Or even 40. Ow.
What do you put in your slaw? I LOVE vinegar slaw.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Something I do not get at all about my knees is that they hurt worse when I have to stand without moving for extended periods. If I can move around or walk (within reason) they do not hurt nearly as bad.

I attended a funeral today for a good friend who was 3 years younger than I am. It was outside at the cemetery and we all stood for about an hour. It got to my knees a good bit.

Funeral's like this one really get your attention. He had no known health problems, worked an outside job, and was found dead in his garage. Boom, and gone. We just really never know.
But having seen people linger for days, I am always thinking "How lucky'
Sorry for your loss and condolences to his family.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Like in California....
they opened the beaches, and it was standing room only.....
YES... wow.. it's such a hard thing to tackle.. as the moment we ease off on restrictions, lots of people may just think ah well okay things are back to normal. Very tricky..

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My knees have always been that way. Movement may leave them sore the next day, but nothing like standing still.

Sorry about your friend. I lost a close friend some years ago who was 8 years younger than I am now. Laid down and died right after a public demo, still in his gi at the festival. Gone in about a minute. Still miss him.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My knees have always been that way. Movement may leave them sore the next day, but nothing like standing still.

Sorry about your friend. I lost a close friend some years ago who was 8 years younger than I am now. Laid down and died right after a public demo, still in his gi at the festival. Gone in about a minute. Still miss him.
That is rough. So sorry for your loss.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

That's a wake up call, for sure. Sorry for your loss.

You too, man. That stinks. Even though it was some time ago, I totally get what you mean. My brother died in a car accident just over 5 years ago now. I still miss him all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions