Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
The link didn't work for me, but yes absolutely! Because of my pelvic tension issues I've had to do alot more stretching out of necessity, but now it's just a normal part of my day now that I'm used to. I think it's important too to find what you personally need to work on (whether it's because of injury, tension areas) and your routine can be centered around that. And that may change over time too!

There's actually so much more I'd like to stretch and massage out, but I'm already up to like an hour and a half to two hours with my routines total haha... I guess I've got the time though at the moment [emoji14]
Ok, I fixed the video so you can actually see it now.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah so the reason the screws are in as far as I know, we're just renting here, but many many years ago they had a robbery, so they decided to screw in the windows. Very weird, I'd sooner replace the windows with secure ones but maybe it wasn't an option back then.

So basically they were unable to even open the windows for years! Come summertime and we really needed to crack a window.. so contacted the owner and he came around and actually removed a fair few of them, and we eventually got the windows open. The one I want to remove hadn't been done yet, and I really want to get that open, as it's my gym room! Need some ventilation!

But AHHH your idea about the vice... I did not think of that! YES there's plenty of room to grab it, trying that next!
So turns out there wasn't enough room to fit the vice in the gap, thought there was more room! Tried spraying the nail with something similar to WD-40 but that didn't help loosen it... tried 'hacksawing' through the exposed bit but couldn't get through it. Will get my dad to bring some tools

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ok, I fixed the video so you can actually see it now.
Ah nice, I liked that full range of motion sequence, good for the hips! I do similar stuff, I still cannot get my arms straight up over my head. It just stops at a certain angle and won't go any further. That's a work in progress... too many years of weight training without realising I needed to balance it out!

I have been doing alot of sun salutation sequences though, quite like it alot!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ah nice, I liked that full range of motion sequence, good for the hips! I do similar stuff, I still cannot get my arms straight up over my head. It just stops at a certain angle and won't go any further. That's a work in progress... too many years of weight training without realising I needed to balance it out!

I have been doing alot of sun salutation sequences though, quite like it alot!
It's work... I wish there was a magic wand we could just wave - and suddenly be able to do a split. No such luck. What you see there is the result of six years of Zumba, six years of yoga, a year and a half of Barre, and a year of belly dancing. Plus stretching and practicing at home. I think the hardest part for me is going slow. It would be so easy to just... fling your leg up. But that's not how you build up strength and flexibility.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
these days I need advance stretching to kick short people in the knee....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I just made two gallons of Jewish Penicillin. On this cold, rainy day my house smells so wonderful right now!

Might have to make some garlic bread. Already have the wine.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am going up to tomorrow to train up in Lines Umpiring for tennis! It's something different, and have always loved tennis, and it's a paid position once you get to doing tournaments, should be interesting!

Although just found out today that most tournaments are being postponed and cancelled at the moment due to coronavirus... ugh....

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am going up to tomorrow to train up in Lines Umpiring for tennis! It's something different, and have always loved tennis, and it's a paid position once you get to doing tournaments, should be interesting!

Although just found out today that most tournaments are being postponed and cancelled at the moment due to coronavirus... ugh....
Aaaaand rocked up here after a long trek, to only be told it was cancelled! Pretty bummed out.. but yeah apparently all tennis relate events and tournament, even training is on hold because of health reasons... wish I was actually told!

But had a nice day in the city still :). Went to the river, the national art gallery, a cathedral.. was a really nice day, and been meaning to have a day there for awhile now

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaaaand rocked up here after a long trek, to only be told it was cancelled! Pretty bummed out.. but yeah apparently all tennis relate events and tournament, even training is on hold because of health reasons... wish I was actually told!

But had a nice day in the city still :). Went to the river, the national art gallery, a cathedral.. was a really nice day, and been meaning to have a day there for awhile now
Lots of cancellations around here, too. Glad you at least managed a good day out of it. Museums and stuff are starting to shut down in some areas.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lots of cancellations around here, too. Glad you at least managed a good day out of it. Museums and stuff are starting to shut down in some areas.
Oh really... wow it truly has reached an epic level... our shops are just empty too.. we couldn't even find what we after for dinner tonight, there was no meat or mince at ALL... :s

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
:cool:
62304bf9aec00be145bd7d6b71b66517.jpg

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Governor closed all public schools for 30 days here in Louisiana. Jakes baseball team was pretty upset. Our Seniors', senior year consisted of only 5 games in 2.5 weeks..

New Mexico banned events consisting of 100 people or more so our national championship tourney had to be cancelled.

We did have a tourney yesterday.....it was kinda wierd ...they asked for people not to shake hands. They wiped down the ring after every competitor and fight. And you had to wipe down your gear after every fight.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Our states border each other. I am wondering if you had noticed any change in social conventions?

We went to an auction and purchased another 65 acres over the weekend. I would say there were about 50 people there, and a noticeable part of the makeup was young children. One thing I noticed was no one was afraid to interact and even shake hands as usual. Leading up to the auction, I met with several people and when I asked if they were shaking hands, no one hesitated.
I think I understand that greeting conventions are different around the world. For me, something that other parts of the world and possibly even parts our own country do not fully understand is that a handshake often has much more meaning than just a greeting. I fully believe I can glean quite a lot of information about a person from a handshake.
I spent a good amount of time interacting with most of the group at the auction and by the time it started I had a good idea who the real players were.
Before the start of bidding there was a Q&A session where I was vocal about the terms of the auction (which were very innocuous and messed up). After all the questions 5 people simply left and I could tell the auctioneer was not very happy but that is how auctions go.
The property was split up into 4 tracts. Then the sum total of the 4 bids was lumped together, 10% added and that was the starting bid for the whole farm. Only one other man bid on the whole farm and I am pretty certain he was a ringer with the auction company. At the end of the day, we got the whole property for just under 200k less than what it was on the market for.

After the auction was over and we were processing the paperwork, I tried to shake the auctioneers had and he would not. I am certain it had nothing to do with the virus.

Last edited:

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Governor closed all public schools for 30 days here in Louisiana. Jakes baseball team was pretty upset. Our Seniors', senior year consisted of only 5 games in 2.5 weeks..

New Mexico banned events consisting of 100 people or more so our national championship tourney had to be cancelled.

We did have a tourney yesterday.....it was kinda wierd ...they asked for people not to shake hands. They wiped down the ring after every competitor and fight. And you had to wipe down your gear after every fight.
I am sorry to hear this. Is Jake a senior? Hopefully something can be done on the back side of this safety swell to offset things like this. I'm sure I don't have to tell you they only come around once.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this. Is Jake a senior? Hopefully something can be done on the back side of this safety swell to offset things like this. I'm sure I don't have to tell you they only come around once.

He is just a Freshmen. But we had 3 seniors on the team that are gonna miss out.

I wish they had would let them still play and just restricted fans at the games.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Better to be safe than sorry!
So far emotions are in check. While people cleaned out walmart they remained calm, but it won't last long seeing that supplies aren't forthcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions