Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a NOT busy season on the farm?
During the winter you get into a slower, more predictable pattern of just feeding and caring for any animals who come up lame. Spring/summer/fall get a little intense. It took me years (decades) to get my business schedule in sync with the farm schedule. It still is not perfect (like this year where we took on two large projects in the spring), but it is manageable.
I would not trade it for anything else.
Except more bacon. And cow bells.;)

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
And also..... hay......... fe........... ver............... season...... ugh!

Hits me hard most years!
854f2f2765aeed62af2855dc3a50ecef.jpg

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Ex-wife was Italian she grew up hearing english and Italian on a regular basis. At the time we were married I was learning German, and she came to the conclusion that no matter what was said in German, it was scary, and gave her the impression that she was about to be shot.

Came across this today and you know, I think she may have been right :D

The Irony here is that 3 of the words she used as an example, to justify her statement were; Pen, Sorry and Hospital

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
During the winter you get into a slower, more predictable pattern of just feeding and caring for any animals who come up lame. Spring/summer/fall get a little intense. It took me years (decades) to get my business schedule in sync with the farm schedule. It still is not perfect (like this year where we took on two large projects in the spring), but it is manageable.
I would not trade it for anything else.
Except more bacon. And cow bells.;)
Hey, you know... That's sort of the point - to find a kind of life you wouldn't trade for anything else. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty, but I don't think I could swing a full-time farm life. Good on you!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My Birthday is soon and if anyone is wondering I will accept gifts of a Damascus steel Dao and/or jian
There is a war hammer I saw at the Ren Fest in Huntersville two years in a row - it's from one of the real weapons sellers, not the costume stuff. It's sooooooo pretty! I really want one.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was just looking at CNBC's best places to retire. Thier number 1 was....drum roll please.....Nebraska.
I have never been there, so maybe they know something I don'r know, but the picture they chose for Nebraska did not sell me on the prospect

106009287-1562681791539gettyimages-ea4029-001.jpeg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know just what you mean xue. I'd be perplexed too if I were walking outside and I saw a bunch of old folk watching me walk down the street.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was just looking at CNBC's best places to retire. Thier number 1 was....drum roll please.....Nebraska.
I have never been there, so maybe they know something I don'r know, but the picture they chose for Nebraska did not sell me on the prospect

No? What a surprise!

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I know just what you mean xue. I'd be perplexed too if I were walking outside and I saw a bunch of old folk watching me walk down the street.
Many years ago, @gpseymour and I drove from North Carolina to Wyoming to visit his dad. Driving across Nebraska at 2 am was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. It was like something out of "Twilight Zone".

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, @gpseymour and I drove from North Carolina to Wyoming to visit his dad. Driving across Nebraska at 2 am was one of the most surreal experiences I've ever had. It was like something out of "Twilight Zone".

There are certain states which should be required to have no speed limits.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

A friend of mine was transferred to Nebraska,
He hated it!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Decided to make myself a "kids meal" yesterday. Made 4cheese mac and cheese with cavatappi noodles, and bacon sprinkled about. Made enough for quite a few days at work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions