Last Poster #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My Beloved flip phone died....then it got lost...and I was without a phone for a couple days...I Was rather enjoying myself being unplugged.... that is.....until Mrs Xue caught on and made me charge and start using my office blackberry.... and then she went and did the unthinkable.....she went and bought me an iPhone X.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Beloved flip phone died....then it got lost...and I was without a phone for a couple days...I Was rather enjoying myself being unplugged.... that is.....until Mrs Xue caught on and made me charge and start using my office blackberry.... and then she went and did the unthinkable.....she went and bought me an iPhone X.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
But think... you can now view MT anytime, anywhere on either phone!

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now you can eat bacon while you read MT on your phone.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My phone is at the phone doctor getting a new battery. I haven't had it for hours, won't get it back for more hours yet.

I feel lost. Farshtunken even.
I had one stolen on the way out of town on a business trip. Had to make calls on my damned iPad. Life was just not right for those 3 days.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Phones are ok it's all the company's collecting data on you that's evil. I was searching on line for table saws and planers now even this MT sight is giving me adds for Woodcraft Powermatic tools. But what's really freaky is when I get adds on my phone for stuff my wife searched for on her phone.:wideyed:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My phone was supposed to be ready around three. At six I was told the tech had to go to their other store for something important. So my phone won't be ready until sometime tomorrow. I asked a friend of mine, a self described geek, {His mom taught Advanced Computer Science at Cal Poly Tech, his dad was the senior design engineer for or IBM) how long it takes to put a new battery into an iphone.

He told me "about five minutes". I am not a happy man. One of our guys got hurt last night, blew out his knee, going to need surgery. I can't call him, he has a private number, I don't know what it is, but it's on my phone. Which I don't have.

I'll be even less happy tomorrow. I might even get creative,

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's where smartphones actually shine if you aren't paranoid...

I can log in to any android device and all "my" numbers and stuff are right there in the phone book / contacts list.

Log out, they've all gone again.

Yeah, big brother and all that crap - but really I'm not interesting enough to worry about it :D

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
... really, really hard few days.. struggling a fair bit... Very general I know, but just trying to be patient with myself.

And I miss training. Damn I miss training...

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... really, really hard few days.. struggling a fair bit... Very general I know, but just trying to be patient with myself.

And I miss training. Damn I miss training...
I don’t know what you’re struggling with, but I hope it gets better, whatever it is.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sentence 1, paragraph 1 of my Abnormal Psych professor's first lecture: "You do not have this." She went on to say that we will recognize many aspects of various disorders in yourself -- but that we should not diagnose ourselves, and that the odds were exceedingly low that any of us have any of the disorders. Everyone has some traits of various disorders... And if you're ever very concerned -- see her after class.
"
I remember going to the British Museum one day to read up the treatment for some slight ailment of which I had a touch—hay fever, I fancy it was. I got down the book, and read all I came to read; and then, in an unthinking moment, I idly turned the leaves, and began to indolently study diseases, generally. I forget which was the first distemper I plunged into—some fearful, devastating scourge, I know—and, before I had glanced half down the list of “premonitory symptoms,” it was borne in upon me that I had fairly got it.

I sat for awhile, frozen with horror; and then, in the listlessness of despair, I again turned over the pages. I came to typhoid fever—read the symptoms—discovered that I had typhoid fever, must have had it for months without knowing it—wondered what else I had got; turned up St. Vitus’s Dance—found, as I expected, that I had that too,—began to get interested in my case, and determined to sift it to the bottom, and so started alphabetically—read up ague, and learnt that I was sickening for it, and that the acute stage would commence in about another fortnight. Bright’s disease, I was relieved to find, I had only in a modified form, and, so far as that was concerned, I might live for years. Cholera I had, with severe complications; and diphtheria I seemed to have been born with. I plodded conscientiously through the twenty-six letters, and the only malady I could conclude I had not got was housemaid’s knee.

I felt rather hurt about this at first; it seemed somehow to be a sort of slight. Why hadn’t I got housemaid’s knee? Why this invidious reservation? After a while, however, less grasping feelings prevailed. I reflected that I had every other known malady in the pharmacology, and I grew less selfish, and determined to do without housemaid’s knee. Gout, in its most malignant stage, it would appear, had seized me without my being aware of it; and zymosis I had evidently been suffering with from boyhood. There were no more diseases after zymosis, so I concluded there was nothing else the matter with me." - Jerome K. Jerome, Three men in a boat :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
My phone was supposed to be ready around three. At six I was told the tech had to go to their other store for something important. So my phone won't be ready until sometime tomorrow. I asked a friend of mine, a self described geek, {His mom taught Advanced Computer Science at Cal Poly Tech, his dad was the senior design engineer for or IBM) how long it takes to put a new battery into an iphone.

He told me "about five minutes". I am not a happy man. One of our guys got hurt last night, blew out his knee, going to need surgery. I can't call him, he has a private number, I don't know what it is, but it's on my phone. Which I don't have.

I'll be even less happy tomorrow. I might even get creative,
Sheesh... it's not a car! It's a phone - it just needs a battery. Ugh...

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sheesh... it's not a car! It's a phone - it just needs a battery. Ugh...

It's quicker and easier to change a battery in a car than in most modern phones.

Most phones should be measured in minutes though, mainly in single digits too...

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
But think... you can now view MT anytime, anywhere on either phone!

Now you can eat bacon while you read MT on your phone.

p03lcphh.jpg

What has this planet come to........ bacon eating smart phone junkies......... that's it...stop the planet...I want to get off :D

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realized recently it's been a year and a half since I stopped doing any striking arts (chose to take a break when I realized the number of concussions I've had). Just my work on the heavy bag an hour a week. I also have not been able to dedicate myself as much to jujitsu...It just doesn't have the same pull to me as striking or weapons. It's looking like in five years I'm going to be specifically a weapons guy

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I realized recently it's been a year and a half since I stopped doing any striking arts (chose to take a break when I realized the number of concussions I've had). Just my work on the heavy bag an hour a week. I also have not been able to dedicate myself as much to jujitsu...It just doesn't have the same pull to me as striking or weapons. It's looking like in five years I'm going to be specifically a weapons guy
preserve that noggin.
but weapons guy sounds good...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hubby kept me up all night...tossing turning, complaining.
I get it, restless leg issues are a bother.

Now I am dog tired, and he has been in bed all day.
Well, at least he has a good start into year 27 of our wonderous journey.
I am too tired to strangle him.

On a brighter note, we have the tree up, and presents under it.
A total first in this house, in nearly 30 years. the presents, not the tree. and the cat sleeps there now.
Because, tree skirt...and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions