Not open for further replies.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
September 8th is supposed to be a super moon, it looks like a normal full moon

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
can't believe the weather here at the moment - summats definitely wrong cos this is the 4th day in row that looks like it's gunna be wall to wall sunshine :)

am gunna have to go shopping for clothes i think - this winter gear is highly overrated ;)

and then i gotta find a renault 21 turbo gearbox to put in this 493bhp renault clio :boing2: yup some mad eejit turned up the wick on their motor bigtime and it shredded the gearbox :( not good but at least it's keeping me out of trouble ;)

then i got practice this afternoon - yay :supcool: just keep getting the urge to hit something large and heavy ;)

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
the ecology group meeting that i went to last night was full of people that say "yes and no" when they have to and they made a lot of hollow promises to help out but then used the excuse of work and stuff to not get involved :(

i really don't understand why they were there --- the ecology group is supposed to be about creating habitats and stuff so if you don't get involved in a hands on way then you can't possibly take the credit for getting creative or am i missing something ?????

would also loved to have seen some of the local yoof get involved in it but alas most of them were over 40 and just content with chewing hte cud with each other - basically just an excuse for a glass and a chat but about anything other than ecological matters. i wanted to know what their plans were and my questions kept on being passed over like i wasn't there or maybe it's cos i'm an outsider - idk.............

one thing though - you can tell the ones that get involved in the actual creation of things cos they actually know what is and isn't possible :) and they gave me the time of day and spoke to me like they always knew what it was that i was doing to my beloved trail ;)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nonsense, it's never too late for breakfast, it is the best meal of the day after all :)

It's the most important meal! So I have two. One when I get off work in the morning, and one when I wake up in MY morning. :D

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
the ecology group meeting that i went to last night was full of people that say "yes and no" when they have to and they made a lot of hollow promises to help out but then used the excuse of work and stuff to not get involved :(

i really don't understand why they were there --- the ecology group is supposed to be about creating habitats and stuff so if you don't get involved in a hands on way then you can't possibly take the credit for getting creative or am i missing something ?????

would also loved to have seen some of the local yoof get involved in it but alas most of them were over 40 and just content with chewing hte cud with each other - basically just an excuse for a glass and a chat but about anything other than ecological matters. i wanted to know what their plans were and my questions kept on being passed over like i wasn't there or maybe it's cos i'm an outsider - idk.............

one thing though - you can tell the ones that get involved in the actual creation of things cos they actually know what is and isn't possible :) and they gave me the time of day and spoke to me like they always knew what it was that i was doing to my beloved trail ;)

welcome to the wonderful world of volunteering!

There are a lot of people who give lip service, aprecious few who will roll up their sleeves and actually ut in the sweat equity.

I am assuming the talkers are in the birkenstock and granola crowd, ecology sounds pretty on paper, but in the end you have to get your custom made kashmer sweaters dirty. Or the high end polyester ones, when wool and leather is off limits due to 'ethical reasons'

(and don't knock the 'over 40', please! :asian:)

There are a lot more who talk vs those who do.
I am glad you found a handful of people in the latter category.
Although the talkers can sometimes be of value - if they bring the money! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions