Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Dude. I live in the Pacific Northwest . We have more arborist than you can shake a twig at. :)

I am convinced that the roots are compromised, but the last time I asked the guy, he didn't want to spend the dough. Problem is that it is t my tree,

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude. I live in the Pacific Northwest . We have more arborist than you can shake a twig at. :)

I am convinced that the roots are compromised, but the last time I asked the guy, he didn't want to spend the dough. Problem is that it is t my tree,
Get that arborist's opinion -- it may give you support in telling him that it needs to go because it endangers your property. Or... he can prepare to pay for any forthcoming damage, after having been apprised of the health of the tree...

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Get that arborist's opinion -- it may give you support in telling him that it needs to go because it endangers your property. Or... he can prepare to pay for any forthcoming damage, after having been apprised of the health of the tree...
I appreciate the advise. I've been down this road. I have had three guys come out over the last five years. I've talked to my insurance company and a lawyer. If something happens, best outcome for me is a successful lawsuit. That's about it.

Id prefer doing something before anything really bad occurs. I'd much rather get the guy to allow some qualified tree guys to cut it down. It would be about $100 per 10'. But a good crew can do it safely in about 5 hours. I'm willing to pay for the entire thing, but I'd prefer he agree to pay half.

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Nothing a good ol ax cant fix
professions-logger-logs-tricks-tree-tree-jhen13_low.jpg

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Buka, you're one of the most interesting people I've ever run across. If you ever write an autobiography, I'm buying it.

Regarding bacon. I like it. It's delicious. But I think it's a little oversold right now. It's good, but come on. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't eat much of it, but when it's available, I dig in.
I could develop a serious bacon habit....
But it's pig.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well..... they predicted 1 to 3 inches of snow by this morning and we got 3 inches...... tomorrow it starts again, and if they are right, we will get another 6 to 12 inches by Monday morning....

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well..... they predicted 1 to 3 inches of snow by this morning and we got 3 inches...... tomorrow it starts again, and if they are right, we will get another 6 to 12 inches by Monday morning....
Man, I like snow, but that's just getting ridiculous.

On a related note, the weather forecast has been wrong every day this week. It has consistently gotten several degrees warmer than predicted. Today was supposed to maybe get to 64. By noon, we were at 75. That's too danged warm for this time of year in Western NC.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just so you know...
the roof is off the Vette again today.
It's a little chilly at highway speeds, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions