Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today so far has been shoveling and snow blowing...... but no bacon.....sorry....
We're having our second coldest day this week. High of 39 will be 26 degrees below yesterday's. A bit warmer tomorrow. 73 on Sunday. I think the weather is having a psychotic break.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Started the new job today. I waited outside the office for a half hour because everyone else was late due to the weather!

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
My desk is supposed to be up in front, and I will be the first person people meet when they come in. However, for today they have me in an office because there is some training I have to do. First thing was a 195-slide Power Point presentation on the agency's policies. I finished that, and now I am waiting for my supervisor to call me back (I work in Albany, they are actually in Binghamton) to tell me what the next step is.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bacon, mmmm.....what a fabulous idea.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You guys never cease to inspire me. Mmmmm.

original-f84b814624e70d08468ef0200b5abeaa.jpg

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today so far has been shoveling and snow blowing...... but no bacon.....sorry....

I'll think of you when I go out to the garage and take the roof off the Vette for the drive in to the Dojang today. :D

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, it's raining like crazy. But at least the snow is finally melted.

My neighbor's stupid tree dropped about 10 giant limbs on my driveway. I have them all shoved to the side right now, but I'll have to go out with the chainsaw this weekend. I'm tempted to just shove them over the fence into his backyard. :) Had one pretty big limb (about 15' long and maybe 5" in diameter) fall on the roof. I looked in the attic to see if there was an obvious leak. None that I can see, but I'm going to have a guy come out and look at the roof. I'd be surprised if it didn't do some damage.

I hate that tree. I really do. Once the weather clears up, I'm going to bring that guy some cookies and ask him if we can split the cost to get it chopped down. It's got to be at least 60' tall. If that comes down in a wind storm, we are d-e-d, dead.

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's raining like crazy. But at least the snow is finally melted.

My neighbor's stupid tree dropped about 10 giant limbs on my driveway. I have them all shoved to the side right now, but I'll have to go out with the chainsaw this weekend. I'm tempted to just shove them over the fence into his backyard. :) Had one pretty big limb (about 15' long and maybe 5" in diameter) fall on the roof. I looked in the attic to see if there was an obvious leak. None that I can see, but I'm going to have a guy come out and look at the roof. I'd be surprised if it didn't do some damage.

I hate that tree. I really do. Once the weather clears up, I'm going to bring that guy some cookies and ask him if we can split the cost to get it chopped down. It's got to be at least 60' tall. If that comes down in a wind storm, we are d-e-d, dead.
Your city/county have an arborist? If so, they'll probably ('cuz every where is different) come out and check the health of the tree for free. If it's dropping limbs like that, I suspect it's not in great health...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions