Not open for further replies.
OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went on a hike with my son today. This was our view for lunch.
7a2838200887016494e854734873e2f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Push hands are fun! although I usually get confused. Not as fun as arm and leg conditioning, but still fun.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went on a hike with my son today. This was our view for lunch.
7a2838200887016494e854734873e2f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Very nice. I haven't been hiking enough lately. I used to get up every Sunday and go out for an early hike with breakfast on an overlook, and I got out of the habit during an injury.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I did was like this, but a little faster.....and we did not knock each other onto the ground....but we came close

I've always thought it would be interesting to have folks who practice that (is that from Taiji?) cross train for a period of time with folks from some of the more "aiki" end of the aiki arts. It would be interesting to see what they do with each other's techniques and principles over time.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I've always thought it would be interesting to have folks who practice that (is that from Taiji?) cross train for a period of time with folks from some of the more "aiki" end of the aiki arts. It would be interesting to see what they do with each other's techniques and principles over time.

Yang Taijiquan, and the same lineage I am in too.. that is Tung Hu Ling the oldest son of my teacher's teacher and he was a good friend of my teacher's as well. My teacher once knocked to the floor once and said..."Tung Hu Ling did that to me once"

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Push hands are fun! although I usually get confused. Not as fun as arm and leg conditioning, but still fun.

That brought back some memories. We used to do that. I'm not sure how beneficial it was, but it does help install a particular mind set that can be important to some students.

I also remember being home afterwards and having to bring my face down to the food because my arms wouldn't work.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That brought back some memories. We used to do that. I'm not sure how beneficial it was, but it does help install a particular mind set that can be important to some students.

I also remember being home afterwards and having to bring my face down to the food because my arms wouldn't work.
That would get messy with eggplant parm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions