Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been training a lot lately, more that I was, not as much as I use to, but them I am a heck of a lot older than I use to be too. However I think I need to take a day off....I think my back is tired...keep getting spasms in my middle back about mid latissimus dorsi on both sides....and I have a bit of harder training coming up Wednesday....so I think I'm taking Tuesday off....and getting Mrs Wu make my back a pin cushion this evening
I've discovered that region of my back recently. It's actually the first thing that gets tired in my kettlebell workouts. I don't remember ever noticing it before, except when injured, so I suspect I've gotten lazy and let it get weak.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me over 40 years to figure this out, can't tell you how many times I trained in braces...heck, I once taught myself how to balance on crutches and throw a front kick when I was in an ankle cast for a broken ankle
Well, yeah, but that's just good training!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, did you tell them about that time you trained after donating blood and made the whole thing look like the set of Frances Ford Coppola's "Dracula"?
It is amazing how good fresh blood looks when it soaks the sleeve of a white gi. Very impressive. And the gi was more absorbent than I'd have expected.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is amazing how good fresh blood looks when it soaks the sleeve of a white gi. Very impressive. And the gi was more absorbent than I'd have expected.
28e36aabbc976b20699a451a684463dc.gif

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Broke my ankle once in a Shaolin Long Fist Staff class. Shifu had me go in the bathroom, put my foot in the sink and run cold water on it
After that I went back out to class, stood on, and jump backwards on, one leg while holding a target pad for others to kick for about an hour
Hung out at the school for a bit after class was done
Then drove to and hobbled into Barnes and Noble....after that I went to a Japanese restaurant to meet my parents and my 1st wife for dinner.
I got there first, went to the bar, put my foot up, and got a Sapporo.
Family shows up and I get off the bar stool and hobble to the table
First wife says "What have you done now?" which was shortly followed by "after we eat, you go to the ER"
Got to the ER and they said I broke the ankle and wanted to know how I broke it the first time....
I thought this was the first time...apparently it was the second
Then thought about it and remembered a guy holding a target pad flinched when I kicked and I hit the pad very hard, and very wrong. Lots of pain then to...but, compression socks, an ankle brace and tightly laced paratrooper boots fixed it that time

Martial artists are nuts

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because I clearly don’t have enough to do with my job (wink-wink), I’ve been working over the last several weeks to get my publications (both original and translated) produced as audiobooks. Well, I just got word five minutes ago – my translation of “Intermezzo” by Ukrainian writer Mikhailo Kotsubinsky is live on Audible and should be up on iTunes in a few days: https://www.amazon.com/Intermezzo/dp/B07FB7CNNX/

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Got an e-mail asking me a question related to a needed piece of equipment I was actually able to order....and you know what....there actually is such a thing as stupid question

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I need a new job.

I barely made it through today without getting fired.
But got awfully close....

Just can't handle 'mandatory meetings' that take a half hour out of my shift, only to be screeched at 'I'm gonna write you up, and then you'll be gone out the door!'

I kid you not,. I walked into just that, being fashionably late (by 20 minutes....Me ne frego)......
Now she is pushing quantity over quality.
I am not sure I can handle this.

But I made it through today, and I only threw the badge once I was in my car.....and the keys didn't follow.....

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I need a new job.

Just can't handle 'mandatory meetings' that take a half hour out of my shift, only to be screeched at 'I'm gonna write you up, and then you'll be gone out the door!'

I kid you not,. I walked into just that, being fashionably late (by 20 minutes....Me ne frego)......

But I made it through today, and I only threw the badge once I was in my car.....and the keys didn't follow.....
I an so sorry you are going through this. I was where you are now a year ago. I just kept looking relentlessly until I was able to get away from that monster.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
Our yoga sub today was one of the best instructors in the area. I really like her, but unfortunately, she doesn't teach regular classes during the times I can make them. She is 70 and fabulous. But she inches toward king yoga with their long, indulgent pose holding. So, all my various ribs feel like they've been slid out of their normal places and are now just floating about.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I need a new job.

She was late and giving you a hard time? That sounds rough .

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
She was late and giving you a hard time? That sounds rough .
I was late, and the screech is the highlight of every meeting.
because it is so motivating.....
I didn't miss much....just the usual 'you suck' and 'second shift does it better'

Except now we are in a race against each other.....
Not sure if 'fast, good, cheap, pick 2' has made it to the management level yet....
so we are looking at fast and cheap....
oh, and we are short staffed.....for, uh, a yeah now?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
PANIC! DREAD! OH NO!

We have an important video conference
It MUST go off without an issue
We have to test 1.5 hours before the meeting to make sure it connects properly
IF there are any problems please Please PLEASE call me

Oh...and I won't be in the office that day.....HUH!?

So there was no test...no one to contact for the issues we had.....yeah...I can see it was real important:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions