Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
go for it!
don't forget about 'Schwenkbraten' though (South West specialty!

Interesting, I am from southwest Germany (around Stuttgart) but have never heard of Schwenkbraten before, which area specifically are you referring to?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
My coworker just stopped in with her kids, a son and twin daughters. So cute. That just brightened my day.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Interesting, I am from southwest Germany (around Stuttgart) but have never heard of Schwenkbraten before, which area specifically are you referring to?

That's not west, Liebchen.....
Saarland, West-Pfalz!
:)

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't believe it is still as chilly as it is here today. I mean, I know this is upstate NY, but this is ridiculous.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just scrolled down a little further than the Locker Room board and saw the Political Discussions and Debate is basically gone. I am guessing things got too heated and negative to bother keeping it?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just scrolled down a little further than the Locker Room board and saw the Political Discussions and Debate is basically gone. I am guessing things got too heated and negative to bother keeping it?
I think it got nixed when Bob sold the place.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
And I'm waiting for my man
$26 in my hand

*Who will get the lyrical reference?

hmmm.... who could it be.....who could it be, I just don't know. Could it be. LOU REED!!!!

Oh just so you know.. .Lou was a Chen Taiji guy :D Had a rather good and highly skilled teacher too (Ren Guangyi).

7225_Ren-Lou-Reed.jpg

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You know, I am beginning to believe that when a child reaches a certain level of expertise at the piano that piano teachers are required to become sadistic. Don't see in in violin or viola or cello teachers...didn't even see it in guitar teachers and never heard of it with percussion teachers...but I have seen it in piano teachers twice and I have heard about it form many others. And this level at which they become sadistic is arbitrary and based solely on the individual piano teacher.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, I am beginning to believe that when a child reaches a certain level of expertise at the piano that piano teachers are required to become sadistic. Don't see in in violin or viola or cello teachers...didn't even see it in guitar teachers and never heard of it with percussion teachers...but I have seen it in piano teachers twice and I have heard about it form many others. And this level at which they become sadistic is arbitrary and based solely on the individual piano teacher.

Sadistic how?

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
could be verbally or psychologically

Oh, I thought you had examples. LOL

Why would they do that? Seems like they are cutting their livelihood off at the knees if the kid tells the parents that their teacher has become an A-hole.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
No matter how early you get out, the last hour of the day always crawls.

This is especially frustrating if you worked only a one-hour day!

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Admins locked the the Think Lighter thread.....now we may never know who the Bulletproof monk actually was. :nailbiting:

OP
J

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it got nixed when Bob sold the place.
Nope. We killed it around the 2012 election, as I recall. Things got way, way too heated, too many members were on thin ice over political discussion and it just plain wasn't fun. When Forum Foundry bought the site, they had dedicated politics forums and we began referring all political discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions