I'm right, you're wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
DAC, it is kind of expected for you to make the posts above. I kind of feel sorry for you.

Dont feel sorry for me I have been in martial arts since I was seven so I am no newbie and I know that Mya Ru Jitsu is the real deal! :asian:

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Now I truly feel sorry for you! LMAO!! :D :D A Very sad case indeed....

Didn't you mention that you have had 50 martial instructors?

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Now I truly feel sorry for you! LMAO!! :D :D A Very sad case indeed....

Didn't you mention that you have had 50 martial instructors?

Negative you must have me confused with someone else!!:D

Why wont you answer the questions I have asked? :confused:

:goop:

K

Kenpo Yahoo

Jonathon Napalm
Your lies:

1. You lied about the 9mm being more lethal than the 45.

Fact: Every one knows that the 45 is proven in battles for over 90 years. 1 shot 1 kill. This is even before the hollowpoint was invented.

This is not a correct statement. I work at a local hospital and we see quite a few GS victims. One patient had a GS wound (.45 caliber at less than 15 feet, shot by his wife) and he lived.

It is nearly impossible to characterize the destructiveness of something without getting incredibly specific. If you were to say that a .45 caliber slug ripping through someones liver or heart would prove fatal, then quite possibly this could be true. However, to make such all encompassing blanket statements, as the ones that you have made, is both an asinine and remiss characterization of the martial arts.

Things function on a probability scale. By learning the martial arts from a qualified and talented instructor you slightly increase your odds of surviving an encounter. This goes for women, men, and children. Does this mean that you can take out anyone at anytime? NO! It simply means that you have a better chance today than you did yesterday. It means that you develop a sense of self worth that will make you fight harder today, than you would have yesterday. It's about developing an appreciation for life that makes you want to live more today than you did yesterday. See a pattern yet.

Being bigger, stronger, or faster, are all qualities that increase your odds of surviving an altercation but they are by no means a guarantee of anything. Anyone can be caught off guard, especially if they are an attacker expecting compliance.

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by DAC..florida
Negative you must have me confused with someone else!!:D

Why wont you answer the questions I have asked? :confused:

That must be someone else then.

Your question is irrelevant to the issue.

C

chufeng

The standard issue pistol in the Army, at one time was the .38 caliber...unfortunately, to the dismay of many a soldier, the Army found out that an entire magazine could be unloaded into a rushing opponent, and he would keep coming (even with a fatal wound)...

So, the Army switched to the .45 caliber pistol...one shot, if it encountered the intended target, would STOP the assailant...not necessarily kill him...but stopping power was what the Army wanted...

More recently, the Army has adopted the 9mm pistol...largely because it is a bit more accurate (people are less intimidated by its kick) in MOST soldiers' hands...
The .45 is still the weapon of choice for many in the armed services...it would be my choice...but hitting the target is probably more important than launching "potentially" dangerous rounds randomly down-range...so both weapons are effective DEPENDING on the shooters capabilities.

:asian:
chufeng

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpo Yahoo
.....This is not a correct statement. I work at a local hospital and we see quite a few GS victims. One patient had a GS wound (.45 caliber at less than 15 feet, shot by his wife) and he lived.\

It is nearly impossible to characterize the destructiveness of something without getting incredibly specific. If you were to say that a .45 caliber slug ripping through someones liver or heart would prove fatal, then quite possibly this could be true. However, to make such all encompassing blanket statements, as the ones that you have made, is both an asinine and remiss characterization of the martial arts.....

Nothing is absolute. That goes without saying. The exception only confirms the rule. I pressume any grown person would know that.

The lethality of the 45 is beyond question. Its stopping power is proven on numerous battlefields and wars and LEO shooting.

It is braindamaged to quote 1 case in an attempt to prove other hundreds of thousands of cases wrong. (Which happens to be MRJ/Zhou Da Wei/Schultz David's modus operandi) I can bring up a case where a suspect was shot with a .223 from an ASSAULT RIFLE and he was NOT injured! So, are you going to make MRJ/Zhou Da WEi/Schultz David type of bold face BS that the 223 is non-lethal ??

(Unlike MRJ/Zhou Da Wei/Schultz David, I am going to cue you in on the mitigating circumstances of that case. You see, the 223 hit the guy's front chest! Yes. CENTER SHOT. But the lucky bastard had a huge metal lighter in his front pocket and the 223 disintegrated when hitting that lighter!! That's how he survived.)

If you look at GS cases, sure, people died from even BB shots from airguns, and yet survive 223! DUH! :rolleyes:

But the EXCEPTION only confirms the rule!! That is the operating principle!

In the civilian world, you can use hollowpoint and that greatly increased the lethality of other caliber. In the military world (excluding counter terrorism), FMJ/ball ammo is the rule. Battlefield reports UNIVERSALLY confirmed the lethality of the 45!!
Therefore, if you use hollow-point 45, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOUBLE TAP AND A HEAD SHOT! Which technique (2 to chest + to head) is something soldiers from the battlefield reported back as IMPRACTICAL!

Moreover, even hollowpoint may fail to open up. But the 45, even not opened up, has proven KO power on its own!

There your go. Free firearm education.
[/quote]

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kenpo Yahoo
.....Things function on a probability scale. By learning the martial arts from a qualified and talented instructor you slightly increase your odds of surviving an encounter. This goes for women, men, and children. Does this mean that you can take out anyone at anytime? NO! It simply means that you have a better chance today than you did yesterday. It means that you develop a sense of self worth that will make you fight harder today, than you would have yesterday. It's about developing an appreciation for life that makes you want to live more today than you did yesterday. See a pattern yet.

Being bigger, stronger, or faster, are all qualities that increase your odds of surviving an altercation but they are by no means a guarantee of anything. Anyone can be caught off guard, especially if they are an attacker expecting compliance. ...

Try reading this:

Much to my dissappointmet (not really actually), all of you who claimed to work in Law enforcement, security, bouncing, yada yada yada, for how long and how long and so forth and so forth, NOT one of you have even mentioned the first principle of security! Shame on all of you. Some of you ought to be fired from your positions if you were actually IN those positions at all.

The most successful bouncers DO NOT get into fights! Sheeze! Any one who has been in the bouncing business successfully, would tell you that the NUMBER 1 rule is De-escalating the situation! Your job is to stop the confrontation from happening. No business owner would give a hoot about your ability to pound the trouble makers into a bloody pulp. No, dumb ***! You are not hired to create lawsuits for the owner. You are hired to PREVENT problems from happening in the first place!.

As for LEO. LMAO at those who claim to be LEO here. You ought to be fired for incompetency. Only the dumbest of the rookies would charge right into a situation without sufficient backup. You have been watching too much Hollywood BS. Every experienced COP will tell you his first and foremost concern is to go home alive at the end of his shift. It is always the phony BS instructors who would be talking about how to clear a house room by room ALONE! LMAO. Every experienced cop will tell you DON'T DO THAT you DUMB ***! Get a team of back up! As for Cops fighting criminals in hand to hand combat using MA.... LMAO Riiiightttttttt Watching too much TV again, huh? Just how did you graduate from the academy? :rolleyes:

Even the best of the best, who work security detail for States VIPs, would take RISK AVOIDANCE as the cardinal principle of operation. The FIRST RULE is DON"T TAKE the Unnecessary RISK!

Only 2 types who advocate the stupidity of resorting to force against a psychopatic sociopath 2X his/her size. The first type is the inexperienced newbies who do NOT know anything about the concept of RISK. They are what you called "all brawl and no brain". They will learn, if they live long enough. :D The second type is the phony half baked promoters who are pathetically patronizing the women and children by selling them a false sense of security, ie selling what Jill put as "horse manure" and what RSK called " a lie" .

Life is precious. There are OTHER options besides resorting to using force against a 250 lb psycho, putting your life and health at risk consequently!! It is called RISK AVOIDANCE!!!

Personal security is about SITUATION AWARENESS! THe first rule of preventing rape is TO AVOID Getting into HIGH RISK SITUATIONS !! Not the horse manure about how to defeat a 250lb psycho! Sheeze! Using force is the last of the last resort! Every genuine professional would tell you that! Always be aware of your situation. Take all necessary precaution and preemption. Do not assume unnecessary risk. ONLY when all other options are lost then you have no choice but to use force, taking a great risk to your health and life.

Moreover, EVERY genuine professional would teach you to use all sort of weapons (household goods or security devices such as OC spray etc), to put the odds in your favour. NOT one responsible professional instructor would advocate the horse manure been peddled here about using bare hand MA to taggle a 250 psycho!

To go straight to counting on resorting to using force, is plain stupid! You are betting the health and life of the women on an uncertain outcome! You are giving her a false sense of security. That is immoral and criminal! Not to mention incompetence!

Sheeze ! The degree of ignorance of these self appointed ''masters", founders (or flounders are probably more accurate) is mind boggling!

Johnathan Napalm

Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by chufeng
The standard issue pistol in the Army, at one time was the .38 caliber...unfortunately, to the dismay of many a soldier, the Army found out that an entire magazine could be unloaded into a rushing opponent, and he would keep coming (even with a fatal wound)...

So, the Army switched to the .45 caliber pistol...one shot, if it encountered the intended target, would STOP the assailant...not necessarily kill him...but stopping power was what the Army wanted...

More recently, the Army has adopted the 9mm pistol...largely because it is a bit more accurate (people are less intimidated by its kick) in MOST soldiers' hands...
The .45 is still the weapon of choice for many in the armed services...it would be my choice...but hitting the target is probably more important than launching "potentially" dangerous rounds randomly down-range...so both weapons are effective DEPENDING on the shooters capabilities.

chufeng

EXACTLY!

However, the 45 is inherently accurate. It is the untrained shooters who are the problem. If people think after getting a gun and they are all set to defend themselves and their home.....oh well....

"... hitting the target is probably more important than launching "potentially" dangerous rounds randomly down-range..."

Over penetration is also a concern. That is why in residential environment, prefrag may save one's *** from the DA.

A

A.R.K.

Hard to know where to begin...

D.A.C. I would caution you not to get caught up into Jonathan's world. He is not abiding by the same sense of reality as the rest of us. He gets caught up into his own lies and then tries to rationalize them with supposed humor or attack others truthfull observations or both.

You asked...

Why wont you answer the questions I have asked?

He responds...

Yet your questions were made in the thread directly involved with the content of the topics involved. He will not answer your questions as it will expose the weakness of his position. He has stated that I am 'over-the-hill' yet he has no idea of my age. He doubts my credentials and background yet does not know me nor has he bothered to check into any reference/resourse I have given him. He simply doubts because my opinion differs from his...not based on anything factual.

He is like the Iraqi information minister that states Coalition forces are not within 100 miles of Bagdad despite the fact the citizens can see us in the distance. At first I thought he was merely a troll, as he clearly has no knowledge of things he claims expertise in such as the martial arts and firearms, and simply desires to create strife. And that is still a possibility, but truly feel now that he atually believes the things he types. His pattern is that of a bi-polar individual. We both have experience with individuals such as this, take a long look at his mood swings.

Kenpo Yahoo,

Good post sir and thank you for your observations. We appreciate the insight but do not get offended if JN does not choose to be open minded in analyzing the input. He has stated that a .40 bullet that hits ONE time in the chest of ANYONE...whether of not it hits a vital, will instantly kill them. It is in the thread dealing with firearms that was locked. I feel it safe to say that anyone even slightly familar with firearms will know that this is of course untrue but I don't think any amount of factual data or common sense will convince Jonathan. He is to filled with rage.

Chufeng,

I will both agree and disagree with you on some points. Yes the .38 was used prior to the very early 1900's however it is not the .38 of today. Yes the army switched to .45 as the result of asian action with the Morro's. An entire cylinder [not magazine] of .38's failed dismally BUT the .45 handgun did NOT fair much better. The .45 gained an inflated reputation especially during WWII with half-starved Japanese soldiers being shot. The .45 is a fine caliber and a very vialble choice for both LE and military. I have one and carry it daily. But it is not the wonder death ray that JN makes it out to be. Even Marshal Evans and Ed Sanow,despite their highly questionable reputation, admitts that the .45 has a tremendous number of failures to stop people despite multiple upper torso hits.

Good caliber...yes. Better than any other...depends on your personal definition of better I suppose. I like both the .45 and 9mm, have both, carry both [depending on situation] and feel comfortable with both...as far as one can be comfortable with a handgun caliber.

both weapons are effective DEPENDING on the shooters capabilities.

Exactly...well spoken.

Gentlemen, as far as JN is concerned, I would suggest you leave any action towards him, if any, to the moderators/administrators. They seem to be fair so trust thier judgements and timing.

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Try reading this:

Again we are not talking about the norm but the extreme cases, that unfortunately do accure READ THE NEWS PAPER LATELY!!!

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
That must be someone else then.

How is it irrelevent, my claims are made by actual discussion with LEO personel and I would simply like to know where you get your info.......

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Admin Note:

Guys...

Enough already.

We've gotten a number of complaints about this (and a few other) threads with the same folks butting heads. We've put out enough warnings, yet the sarcasm and disrespect still runs hot.

Next person to fire a round that we deem 'disrespectful' or otherwise against the intentions of this forum will be taking a vacation.

I trust I'm clear here?

S

SteelShadow

I mean no disrespect but ive been a memebr here awhile granted not near as long as some.but I know You and the other mods have to see it seems like every post or new thread jn is responding to he does so by disrespecting or trying to belittle someone.Maybe im wrong if i am then im sorry its just my oppion .Thats why i rarely respond to his post .Its easy to see in most cases he simply tries to goad someone into an argument.Always questioning linage back grounds and legitamacy of others yet never giving any insight into his own.I have nothing personal against him.I have better things to do than argue on the internet.I was just wandering what it takes to cross the line one of the main resons I come here is because it is friendly.Not to say theres not a fair share of disagreements.But for the most part its is conducted very cival like even when the people involved totally disagree.But to go around trying to start flame wars and then hiding behind OH I was just exspressing my oppion is just childish.Everone should exspress there oppion openly,But to many times to many people use that right to start flames.Anyway was just wandering.If i crossed the line with this post just say so.But I feel like its something alot of folks on here are wandering just havnt gotten around to asking....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by SteelShadow
I was just wandering what it takes to cross the line

We have rules, but it's mostly a matter of staying within our basic guideline of friendly discussion. It's a case-by-case thing. We want to preserve a certain atmosphere.

one of the main resons I come here is because it is friendly.

That's what we like to hear, and that's the kind of place we are trying to keep it. Please, have patience! We're trying our best to keep it that way but we also try to be fair to all our members.

I'm going to close this thread; I think the time has come. Feel free to start new threads for anything discussed in this one.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions