I met the scariest contial artist today.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Since this thread seems to have been hijacked by you grammatical fascists, hell-bent on some horrific new world order; one founded on the heinous notion of correct spelling and self-explanatory semantic, I want to just add that the word that means "newly made up word" is neologism.
Benito x

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I have no cock in this fight. I really don't care if you label him a troll and ban him, don't care. I just thought he was sharing a funny story and everyone seems to be getting hung up on his play with words. He's new here and maybe should be given the benefit of the doubt. But then again, maybe I'm wrong, I'll re-read the thread.

Talking of English, I've just picked myself up off the floor laughing at just how rude this is on this side of the pond lol! We usually say dog not cock lol!

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Talking of English, I've just picked myself up off the floor laughing at just how rude this is on this side of the pond lol! We usually say dog not cock lol!

Tez, get your mind out of the gutter
icon10.gif
. A cock is also known as a rooster. And although I don't condone it or support it, cockfight competitions are pretty common. Anyways, I'm glad I got a rise out of you,
icon7.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
icon10.gif
. A cock is also known as a rooster. And although I don't condone it or support it, cockfight competitions are pretty common. Anyways, I'm glad I got a rise out of you,
icon7.gif

Rise? no, just a laugh, most Brits have an earthy sense of humour, we were brought up on Carry On films.
I love the differences in language use, I like colourful, expressive language ( not rude lol) but I find some of the 'abbreviated' stuff such as text speak stilted and boring.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score

Uh-huhuhuh. He said cock. Uh-huhuhuh.

;)

Shinobi Teikiatsu

Green Belt
Reaction score
So back to the original topic...I don't even think you were conned. As far as I can tell, your story is a pretty light example of what can happen when you tell people you're into the martial arts. Also...carrying a pocket knife? Because of an experience with this clown? I know from your previous posts that you can't be much older than me, and so I now realize why young martial artists don't get much cred these days. Seriously, you could have just ended your conversation with the joker and left it at that.

Edit: A real example of being conned would have been if you became a student of this joker.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So back to the original topic...I don't even think you were conned. As far as I can tell, your story is a pretty light example of what can happen when you tell people you're into the martial arts. Also...carrying a pocket knife? Because of an experience with this clown? I know from your previous posts that you can't be much older than me, and so I now realize why young martial artists don't get much cred these days. Seriously, you could have just ended your conversation with the joker and left it at that.

Edit: A real example of being conned would have been if you became a student of this joker.

:rolleyes:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

It could be insulting as well on this side of the "pond", but I choose to assume he did not mean to be insulting with his choice of words and see how it all plays out. :)

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
icon10.gif
icon7.gif

Cock fights pretty common?

Can you elaborate?

I mean I have been to some none tourist cities in Mexico and I could not find a cock fight.

Just curious as to your perspective.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cock fights pretty common?

Can you elaborate?

I mean I have been to some none tourist cities in Mexico and I could not find a cock fight.

Just curious as to your perspective.

A bad choice of words on my part Rich. I don't know how common the 'sport' is. I'm not into it. I've only heard things about it over the years. I've heard it's common in New Mexico, but don't know if it's true.
I've been a contributor to the World Wildlife Fund for years and I also contribute to some other animal protection organizations, so people that endanger animals in anyway are the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Just that when someone turns an innocuous phrase into something else I tend to think of these guys.

See the thing is you are speaking from your own experience, its not an innocous word over here and would have been 'starred' out if it had been on a British site not because it's insulting but it's a very crude word*. Different words have different connotations in your country from mine, I can't write a very innocuous word we use for pork meatballs on this site without it being censored because on your side of the pond it's considered a 'bad' word. so you assume too much mate.

considered on par with another 'female' four letter c word.

Last edited:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am British and I hate Benny Hill. There, I said it. I am off to The Tower now..

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am British and I hate Benny Hill. There, I said it. I am off to The Tower now..

He's always made me cringe! We should have a 'I hate Benny Hill Society' Much prefer Python and that sort of humour. Talking of words I love Stephen Fry when he's doing his monologues and as he speaks properly it's not only funny but pleasant on the ear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
He's always made me cringe! We should have a 'I hate Benny Hill Society' Much prefer Python and that sort of humour. Talking of words I love Stephen Fry when he's doing his monologues and as he speaks properly it's not only funny but pleasant on the ear.

Yay, I am glad you did not get shouty for that dear Tez and +1 for Stephen Fry you are exactly right bout what you said!! And you know I loved when he and Hugh Laurie [from House] were together.. Still showing these reruns.. this is my fav old Fry and Laurie :) http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=noSOFIJdfwM Look how young they both look!

Last edited by a moderator:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Folks -- we (and I include myself!) have wandered all over creation away from the original topic...

Maybe we can all work it back to talking about these nutjobs who claim to study martial arts and have all sorts of crap -- but nothing real?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Folks -- we (and I include myself!) have wandered all over creation away from the original topic...

Maybe we can all work it back to talking about these nutjobs who claim to study martial arts and have all sorts of crap -- but nothing real?

To be honest though that type has always been around, always will and if it's not martial arts it's something else.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A bad choice of words on my part Rich. I don't know how common the 'sport' is. I'm not into it. I've only heard things about it over the years. I've heard it's common in New Mexico, but don't know if it's true.
I've been a contributor to the World Wildlife Fund for years and I also contribute to some other animal protection organizations, so people that endanger animals in anyway are the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned.

Tames D,

I have not seen much and it when it is mentioned it is always underground, but as it is not legal in many places most do not taken people they do not know or a part of their social group.

I understand your last paragraph and agree.

Jks et al,

My apologies for being off topic previously.

Now back on topic.

Over numerous year (* decades *) I have seen lots of these people, from those who had a class or watched a video or just some movies and had some thoughts in their head.

I even had a student who lost his mental way and thought he should be promoted over me and others. My seniors and the GM just smiled and asked him to worry about the requirements for his next rank. We tried to work with him to help him, but in the end it just did not work. :(

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of what I've seen people come up with would have been seriously funny... if they weren't so sincerely serious about it! Arguing about how to use a sword based on Highlander is tame compared to some of the nutty crap...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions