i need help on information on someone

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
hello. for a karate project im writing down who the greatest martial artists to me are and one of them is Mr. Steve Fisher. He's the head of Steve Fisher Karate Studio and i can't find any information about him. there are little blurbs here and there but nothing on his biography and i was wondering, if there are any students of his here, if someone could enlighten me about his biography.

Kwan Jang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I am not a student of Steve Fisher, but I remember him from the "old school days". IIRC, he was a student of Matt Stone, he was a top point fighter on the US national scene back in the late'70's and early '80's, but he was sidelined by a knee injury. I don't recall if he ever came back from that in competition. I do remeber that his school was well known and respected for some hardcore, blood and guts sparring and training. Most of it was full contact with no pads or safety gear.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
thank u. that helps somewhat. now i hav an idea on somewhat of his past. yes his sparring methods r great. he is in fact my sparring teacher but i havent seen him in a while.

OP
Fiendlover

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
btw what does IIRC mean? im too good on abreviations.