I'm gonna go mental!!!

W

Withered Soul

Sorry if this is in the wrong thing.

My kung-fu teacher taught me up to Orange Sash. Then he mysteriously left for reasons unknown...to the kids. I am 8 months off Adult classes and they got told why my teacher left. But the thing that annoys me is: my new instructors have brainwashed the children into thinking the old one was bad.
They keep badmouthing him, saying "He couldn't teach you how to rite your name.". But he was a lot better than the new teacher and his 'assistant' aka 'sadist'.

But what gets me is if you're gonna badmouth the old teacher without telling us what he's done wrong, why bother? The assistant claims he could have him from his first day of training. But he wouldn't have said that to his face.

Thank you for listening to my monthly rant!
:soapbox:

OP
K

Kirk

Originally posted by Withered Soul
Sorry if this is in the wrong thing.

My kung-fu teacher taught me up to Orange Sash. Then he mysteriously left for reasons unknown...to the kids. I am 8 months off Adult classes and they got told why my teacher left. But the thing that annoys me is: my new instructors have brainwashed the children into thinking the old one was bad.
They keep badmouthing him, saying "He couldn't teach you how to rite your name.". But he was a lot better than the new teacher and his 'assistant' aka 'sadist'.

But what gets me is if you're gonna badmouth the old teacher without telling us what he's done wrong, why bother? The assistant claims he could have him from his first day of training. But he wouldn't have said that to his face.

Thank you for listening to my monthly rant!
:soapbox:

I'd start looking for other schools that made me feel as good as
what the old instructor's teachings did.

OP
O

ob2c

Originally posted by Kirk
I'd start looking for other schools that made me feel as good as what the old instructor's teachings did.

All I can add to that is "real soon".

One othr bit of advice, though. Don't fall into the trap of badmouthing these new instructors. Even if they deserve it, your reputation will suffer for doing it. So will your attitude. Not saying you can't give advice to those you know, but watch how you do it. Also, when word of your badmouthing these guys gets back, you may find yourself the target of some nasty verbal attacks as well. Hope everything works out for you.

OP
C

chufeng

ob2c,

Been there, done that...

When your teacher leaves (provided he's been a decent and good teacher), do your best to support his vision...continue to train in those things you learned...even when changing styles...continue to practice your old forms...(One day your sifu may pop up out of the blue (been there, done that))...

The naysayers may end up being the outcasts...(I've seen that)

Most important...do not stop training...

Good luck,
:asian:
chufeng

OP
Y

yilisifu

Absolutely! I'd find another school, avoid badmouthing the new teachers, and maintain your old teacher's vision and what you learned from him. It can pay off in the end.

YouAgain

Green Belt
Reaction score
If I were you I would try to get in contact with him and find out whats happend it could be a load of your back!

DAC..florida

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In my book you need to train elsewhere and On your way out I would respectfully let the new instructors know how you feel, they cant fix the problem if they cant see it.:asian:

Be aware of ego's :goop:

OP
W

Withered Soul

Thanks for all you views on the subject. I've calmed down now and I forgot to say that it's just the assistant that pisses me off. He just thinks that he is the best at everything, but he doesn't do all our classes so I'll try my best to avoid him.

OP
K

Kroy

Originally posted by yilisifu
Absolutely! I'd find another school, avoid badmouthing the new teachers, and maintain your old teacher's vision and what you learned from him. It can pay off in the end.

I agree totally.:asian: