Favourite Martial Arts Movie!

What's your favourite Martial Arts Movie?

• Rocky (1,2,3,4,5 or 6!)

• Karate Kid (1,2 or 3!)

• Enter The Dragon

• Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

• Good Guys Wear Black

• Five Fingers of Death

• Bloodsport

• Five Deadly Venoms

• Drunken Master

• Romeo Must Die

• Under Siege

• The Seven Samurai

• Kill Bill (1 or 2)

• Best of The Best

• Teenage Mutent Ninja Turtles The Movie

• Powerrangers The Movie

• Billy Jack

• The Kid with The Golden Arm

• Fists of Fury

• Hero

Results are only viewable after voting.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Another poll!!

Simple premise, out of the offerings in the poll pick your favourite and tell the world why. If your favourite isn't there, pick your favourite out of the bunch on offer but tell us what your all time favourite martial art movie is and why.

Have fun :)

OP
myusername

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I voted for Rocky!

I love the character of Rocky and he was a big, big hero when I was an influential nipper!

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For me it is Best of the Best, no problem. I like to see the hardcore Korean Team practice, and I like the "redneck" character on the US team! -- the one who wears a cowboy hat!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I almost hit Enter the Dragon by instinct because it is, in my opinion, the best empty-hand martial arts movie ever made.

In the end I went with Crouching Hamster for it's absolutely splendid Dojo fight scene with multiple weapon types. Watch that in slow motion and see all the subtle switches, grabs and exchanges that take place.

I toyed with The Last Samurai, as it is almost certainly my most watched film with martial arts in it but, despite the fact that it affects me emotionally every time I sit down to it, in the end the Hamster won :D.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For me it is Best of the Best, no problem. I like to see the hardcore Korean Team practice, and I like the "redneck" character on the US team! -- the one who wears a cowboy hat!
im the same way. I tried the whole kicking tree thing (actually it was a pad wrapped pole) and it sucks.

B

OkayFabe

White Belt
Reaction score
I picked Bloodsport because it was the movie that really got me into the martial-arts. Even though Van Damme wasn't the most respected practitioner, it was still a fun movie to watch and who doesn't love Bolo Yeung? Also a write in vote for Kung Pow.

pad256

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The Matrix is one of my favs, it's got some great stuff in it!

OP
myusername

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I almost hit Enter the Dragon by instinct because it is, in my opinion, the best empty-hand martial arts movie ever made.

In the end I went with Crouching Hamster for it's absolutely splendid Dojo fight scene with multiple weapon types. Watch that in slow motion and see all the subtle switches, grabs and exchanges that take place.

I toyed with The Last Samurai, as it is almost certainly my most watched film with martial arts in it but, despite the fact that it affects me emotionally every time I sit down to it, in the end the Hamster won :D.

Good choice! It's tricky isn't it! Nostalgia made me pick Rocky but I toyed with Bloodsport and Karate Kid for the same reasons! I love Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero and almost plumped for one of those and you have to love Enter The Dragon!

OP
myusername

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The Matrix is one of my favs, it's got some great stuff in it!

The Matrix nearly made the list but I was only allowed 20 choices and wanted a good cross section of choices to appeal to everyone. I love the Matrix and as a white belt I wish I could just download into my brain all the moves I need to learn like Neo!

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
None of the above.

You don't have Fist of Legend, Drunken Master II, or The 36th Chamber of Shaolin, nor The Duellists or Last of the Mohicans.

I wound up voting for the Seven Samurai, because Kurosawa deserves his credit and Toshiro Mifune is amazing.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love the Kill Bill movies and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

Kingindian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
once upon a time in china...Jet Li on it as Wang Fei Hung...its a great Jet Li Movie..without so many visual effect

Topeng

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Picked Five Fingers of Death but thats just because Fist of Legend isn't up there.
If you haven't seen it, definately check it out (Fist of Legend). Its pretty much a remake of Fist of Fury. The movie has constant action and in my opinion is a homage to Bruce Lee. Glimpses of Bruce Lee's methods can be seen when Jet Li trains and changes fighting styles to that of Western influence. He also displays the value of power in Japanese style kicking.
I personally feel its a must watch.

Latest Discussions