Who is your favourite Martial Arts Movie Actor/Actress?

Who is the greatest Movie star!

• Jackie Chan

• Sammo Hung

• James Lew

• Angela Mao

• Jean Claude Van Damme

• Terry Fan

• Bruce Lee

• Bolo Yeung

• Jet Li

• Chuck Norris

• Michelle Yeoh

• Steven Seagal

• Donnie Yen

• Yuen Biao

• Lau Kar Fai (AKA Gordon Liu)

• Collin Chou

• Tony Jaa

• Brandon Lee

• Phillip Rhee

• Simon Rhee

Results are only viewable after voting.

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
And another poll.....

This is a spin off from my other poll on favourite movies. This time please vote for your favourite martial arts actor/actress out of the bunch on offer in the poll and post telling us why.

As ever I am sure there are some dreadful oversights and your favourite may not be included in the poll. If this is the case, please post and tell us who you believe is the real greatest martial arts movie star is but please also say who you voted for in their absence.

I'm really enjoying reading the responses to these polls and hopefully this thread will be fun and introduce people to actors and movies they haven't yet seen but should definately check out!

(It takes a little time to write the poll after submitting the thread so if you are reading this before the poll is added please be patient and revisit to vote, cheers :))

OP
myusername

myusername

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I have opted for Jackie Chan because I feel he has both excellent martial arts skills and comic timing! (I love Bruce Lee but he loses points for all his wailing!!!).

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, This month issue of "Muscle and Fitness" - has a great article on BRUCE LEE .....great stuffs on his training programs!

It took a 3 minute plus fight to change the thinking of Bruce Lee to realize that Wing chun and other martial arts...was not good enough to fight back!

It think most of us will realize this about our own martial arts? ....when we do get into real fight(s)?

Real street fighting and fighting for your life? ...in a unknown location and unknown people?

Bruce Lee realize fitness and endurance...was a big KEY in surviving a brawl!

READ the article! ..........Aloha

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have opted for Jackie Chan because I feel he has both excellent martial arts skills and comic timing! (I love Bruce Lee but he loses points for all his wailing!!!).

He got my vote for the same reasons, plus he comes across as a real human being and I believe he does his own stunts.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't have one. If I HAD to choose, probably Jet Li because of his intensity and philosophy.
Most of the people listed look horrible on screen and can't act. If a movie comes on TV I'll watch out of morbid curiosity; but I'd rather practice than watch some movie actor (and I'm being generous with that term in some cases) throw subpar technique.

Steel Tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jackie Chan and Jet Li are making a movie together? I didn't know that!! Do you know what its going to be called?

I like Jackie and Jet a lot but had to go with Donnie Yen. Loved his work ever since I saw In the Line of Duty IV back in the mid '80s. He was great in New Dragon Gate Inn, Once Upon a Time in China II, Hero and check him out in Seven Swords.

By the way Jackie and Jet's new film is called The Forbidden Kingdom and is a version of the Monkey story (Journey to the West, Sun Wu Kung, whatever you might know it as). Jackie will be playing the monk and Jet will be Wu Kung himself.

Jackie also has Armour of God III due for probably 2009.

Also watch out for Jet Li in the third Mummy film The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor where he will be playing Qin Shi Huang.

Latest Discussions