Do you want rank or knowledge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sin said:
Robert what do you hope to accomplish? Honestly...Do you want PPKO and all the others in Dillman's system to just to get out of Dillmans Org and go to RyuTe?

What do you want them to do about there Sensei's claIms (True or untrue)

or is it you just want them to call there teacher a fake

or even......dare i say...just to be a bully.

I think that we should let the past be the past, stay away from the McDojos and all at least try to be one big MA family

Now don't we all just feel warm inside, it all the feelings of togetherness.
I know I'm all fuzzy inside, let's go out to dinner and a movie, something like Hero what a warm hearted movie. All kidding aside well put SIN. :asian:

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sin said:
1)Robert what do you hope to accomplish?

2)Honestly...Do you want PPKO and all the others in Dillman's system to just to get out of Dillmans Org and go to RyuTe?

3)What do you want them to do about there Sensei's claIms (True or untrue)

or is it you just want them to call there teacher a fake or even......dare i say...just to be a bully.

4)I think that we should let the past be the past, stay away from the McDojos and all at least try to be one big MA family

Now don't we all just feel warm inside, it all the feelings of togetherness.

1)I wasn’t aware I was trying to “accomplish” anything. As I stated in my first post it was an interesting article.

2)I don’t think they would….we don’t do “no touchy KOs or kiaijutsu” :rolleyes:

3)They don’t have to do a thing as far as I am concerned.

4)Yes, I am sure you would like that seeing as you and your teacher tried to use the Copyrighted name of my teacher’s art without permission. You and your teacher were trying to ride on the coattails of others using name value to get something you hadn’t earned…Dillman using Soken’s name is no different….Honesty is actually one of the corner stones of the martial arts…….

F

Fbettincourt

Mr Rousselot,

Honesty is one of the tenents of the martial arts, as I was taught. I was also taught that Courtesy, Respect, Integrity were a part of the martial arts as well. None of which has been shown by you. I truly feel sorry for you. It is a shame that you are such an angry person.

This thread started off quite nice. Not inflammatory at all, just that you were pointing something out. You then appeared to take it to the same low level that you have done before with myself and others. What purpose does this serve? Does your sarcasm and nastiness benefit mankind in any way or just stroke your ego?

Mr. Dillman may be a fraud, charlatan, or anything else that you or anyone else would care to call him. It is truly up to the buyer to beware. Are you the martial arts police? Are you the next coming of the martial arts messiah? You could be. You could also be an angry man and this is your chance to vent. So be it. Some choose to vent in front of a professional.

Truly man...peace!

FB

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
1)I wasn’t aware I was trying to “accomplish” anything. As I stated in my first post it was an interesting article.

2)I don’t think they would….we don’t do “no touchy KOs or kiaijutsu” :rolleyes:

3)They don’t have to do a thing as far as I am concerned.

4)Yes, I am sure you would like that seeing as you and your teacher tried to use the Copyrighted name of my teacher’s art without permission. You and your teacher were trying to ride on the coattails of others using name value to get something you hadn’t earned…Dillman using Soken’s name is no different….Honesty is actually one of the corner stones of the martial arts…….
1) I beg to differ you would love to dicredit anyone in the DKI association
4)Let it go Robert, this was not Sin but his teacher (oh yeah Sin disagreed with you so you no longer like him huh). Honesty is one of the cornerstones of the Martial Arts try using it sometime.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys...lets try to tone it down a little before the Mods. lock the thread. Its getting a bit off track. Lets try to get it back on the right path and have some friendly discussion. :asian:

Mike

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
Mr Rousselot,

Honesty is one of the tenents of the martial arts, as I was taught. I was also taught that Courtesy, Respect, Integrity were a part of the martial arts as well. None of which has been shown by you. I truly feel sorry for you. It is a shame that you are such an angry person.

This thread started off quite nice. Not inflammatory at all, just that you were pointing something out. You then appeared to take it to the same low level that you have done before with myself and others. What purpose does this serve? Does your sarcasm and nastiness benefit mankind in any way or just stroke your ego?

Mr. Dillman may be a fraud, charlatan, or anything else that you or anyone else would care to call him. It is truly up to the buyer to beware. Are you the martial arts police? Are you the next coming of the martial arts messiah? You could be. You could also be an angry man and this is your chance to vent. So be it. Some choose to vent in front of a professional.

Truly man...peace!

FB

Above is the typical post where the “poster” can’t actually contribute information to the topic at hand or defend something that has been said but instead uses a passive aggressive approach to try and discredit someone that has obviously pissed them off on another BBs. They do this by saying how “sorry” they feel for that person and how angry that person is all the while trying to take the moral high ground.

All I have to say to this is “post something on topic or go away”.

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Really, who gives a rats *** what this guy claims, or whether or not its true? How is this even remotely important? If he claimed to be a purple giraffe, would you spend as much time and effort denouncing him?

I, and apparently some others, are having some trouble understanding your motivation.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
1) I beg to differ you would love to dicredit anyone in the DKI association
2)Let it go Robert, this was not Sin but his teacher (oh yeah Sin disagreed with you so you no longer like him huh).
3) Honesty is one of the cornerstones of the Martial Arts try using it sometime.

1)[font=&quot] [/font]No, not really. If I post something and you always have the opportunity to prove me wrong.

2)[font=&quot] [/font]Not at all. My beef with Sin was I and several Mods asked him politely to stop using a Copyrighted name in his “profile” via email…..he basically said “F.U.” and kept using it.

3)[font=&quot] [/font]Have I been dishonest??

F

Fbettincourt

Mr. Rousselot,

No one said that you were dishonest. I did not see that anywhere. Your moral integrity appeared to be questioned and all you did was answer it with more negativity and then defended that with more negativity. Your attempts to take the moral highground, as you put it, appear to be by standing on those that you trample on.

You do not have to accept offerings of peace by me or anyone else. You must first find it within yourself.

FB

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Adept said:
Really, who gives a rats *** what this guy claims, or whether or not its true? How is this even remotely important? If he claimed to be a purple giraffe, would you spend as much time and effort denouncing him?

I, and apparently some others, are having some trouble understanding your motivation.
OK. Fair question. Who “gives a rats ***” about many of the topics on MT that much? You don’t post on every thread on MT do you?....most likely not…..most likely because you are not interested in them.

I posted what I thought was an interesting article…..read it….don’t read it….care about it…..don’t care about it…..makes no difference to me.

OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
Mr. Rousselot,

1) No one said that you were dishonest. I did not see that anywhere. Your moral integrity appeared to be questioned and all you did was answer it with more negativity and then defended that with more negativity. Your attempts to take the moral highground, as you put it, appear to be by standing on those that you trample on.

FB
1) Better open your eyes then
PPKO wrote:

Honesty is one of the cornerstones of the Martial Arts try using it sometime.

It’s funny how you “trolled” your way over here from Kyusho International, made a "bee line" for all the threads I post on….in fact all except 2 of your post are on threads that I am on. Does someone have an agenda? Sure looks like it….

F

Fbettincourt

Did I say I came from anywhere? Be careful of what you assume. Your anger has apparently clouded your judgement.

I am a member of this forum and fighting arts. Both of which I rarely post on. I read some others, but do not belong. Time does not permit. I read through and when I see your angry posts it reminded me of my brothers problem with anger management before he went and got help.

Not everything is a battle man. I hope you can find peace within yourself.

FB

Reactions: MJS
OP
RRouuselot

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Fbettincourt said:
Your anger has apparently clouded your judgement.

FB
That's just it......you ASSume I am angry. Actually I am not.

I guess you still can't post anything on topic......

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Okay, I think I get Robert's point. This thread doesn't have so much to do with rank or knowledge, but it does have a lot to do with giving credit where credit is due and it has a lot to do with earning the right to make various claims.

As far as the first part goes, giving credit where credit is due, this is done scholastically with citations. If someone blatently copies the material of another person and claims that it is "theirs" that is plagiarism. I think this happens a lot in the Martial Arts community because it is so hard to Copyright a technique...how does one enforce this copyright? Shouldn't we, as martial artists be really good at "the honor system?"

As far as the second part goes, exagerations and outright lies are common in many other scholastic fields. Not just martial arts. People claim to have this degree or that just like people claim to have trained with this person or have attained such and such rank. Personally, as someone who worked very hard to earn my rank, I can't help but pity a person who would dishonor themselves with the above behavior.

Maybe exposing the above two behaviors is important in order to restore some of the prestige and honor to traditional practice. I get pissed when I see a thirtysomething 8th dan...What the heck is an outsider supposed to think?

upnorthkyosa

F

Fbettincourt

Actually this was on topic. The started with you posting a link. What came of that link were questions...one of which was your motivation and juvenile attitude. I will let you have the last word since that is what you are best at.

Peace!

FB

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thread Locked Pending Review

Status
Not open for further replies.