Cleaning the dojo.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is my job to clean our entire dojo. I am on the "Assistant Instructor Training Program" so I am taught all aspects of owning and running a school. I teach classes, do paperwork, sign-up new students, talk to prospects, clean bathrooms, organize seminars, etc etc.

I dust -everything-, vaccuum the entire floor (30x50), clean the bathrooms, polish the mirrors, clean the windows, water the plants and take out the trash. It takes about 2 hours, every Monday. And yes my wife is jealous, wishing I would do so much around the house.

New students and parents often ask me "do you get free lessons or something for doing all the cleaning?" LOL no just the opposite, I paid for the privilege :whip1:

At our other school they have 5 Assistant Instructors, they all help do the cleaning. Lucky SOBs!

But what I have learned is that a clean dojo is important, and that my own school one day will be financially successful at least in some small way if I can afford to pay someone else to clean it!!!

-David

You must be Shaolin Kempo because this all sounds intimately familiar. Thankfully, there are 3 of us at my dojo.

Latest Discussions