Be nice

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
L.L. my dear, you are the Kafka of MT. Sometimes you scare me. I suppose this is a good thing. ( hmmmmm, or not)
lm

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes I think thats why the internet was invented...anonymity gives people options normally constrained by embarrassment or cowardice.

Usually that is the case, but these two flame war seeking trolls that were mentioned in the first post have presented their true identities and their schools on those forums.

Considering what happened to Steven Seagal when he began shooting off his mouth, even he will tell you that is not the brightest thing to do.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very hard to enjoy a frosty beverage with friends when ones mouth has been shot off, or when there's a foot in the way. ;)

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I won an award once for my gladius work, though I'll have to pick that topic up in the AD section. haha.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While I'm inclined to agree, given the subject matter, the AD area's best for 'adult' type stuff.

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
MartialTalk tries very hard to be different than the rest of the sites out there.
- We look for a consistent and professional staff. Our staff is expected to act in a mature and professional manner when acting officially. They are held accountable for their actions, and in the very few cases that hasn't happened we have dismissed them.
- No one is above the rules. Even I have been suspended when I went too far.
- We expect our members to behave in an adult and mature fashion and don't tolerate "school yard antics".
- Challenges and threats are banable offenses.

Over all, we have a friendly and polite community, though we do have a few special folks and get the occasional trouble case. If you have any problems, contact our staff, or use the Report to Moderator function and let us handle the headaches.

:)

I was randomly looking at other martial art forums when I came across a troll thread that was a cross between an episode gossip girl and ECW. The trolls in forum A were ripping apart one of their own trolls because they claimed that troll had backstabbed their leader by hanging out with forum B which are also a bunch of trolls.

There was some type of challenge match between the two forums and the leader of forum A was roughed up a bit. Some cuts, bruises and wounded pride. Forum B put more salt in the wound by ragging on the leader of forum A. It ended up with with the troll who was hanging with forum B being banned from forum A.

Here's the punchline. In the first post of this thread it was mentioned that there was a holier than thou poster who harassed other posters who disagreed with him and would get his friends to gang up on that person. Well, it appears that banned troll is that guy.

Apparently he has a reputation of going to other forums and starting trouble

Here's the second punchline. It appears that Troll boy tried to use his bag of tricks here at MT.

He didn't get very far. And he hasn't been back in quite awhile. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Although I have said this already, I truly do appreciate this forum and the way it is run. The staff at MT really put in the time to make sure we have a civil and professional place. Because where troll boy is now, he basically can do what he wants which includes inviting people that he feels that are weaker than him to his forum and then flaming them with his buddies. And by weak, it looks like his targets are people with mental disabilities.

Although this goes with saying, I am not going to show the troll forum or troll boy's name. Although the thread where he gets banned is a trainwreck. I am happy enough that he does not come around here no more.

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
I got bullied and internet abused on a couple of gaming forums frequented by the same people who went to both, and the mods and admins were hopeless because they often were just as bad as the ones who posted there.

that was years ago.

Hasnt happened on any other forum though.

and especially never on the couple of martial arts forums I visit.

you're all a pocketful of fly. :)

OP
K

Kittan Bachika

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I got bullied and internet abused on a couple of gaming forums frequented by the same people who went to both, and the mods and admins were hopeless because they often were just as bad as the ones who posted there.

that was years ago.

Hasnt happened on any other forum though.

and especially never on the couple of martial arts forums I visit.

you're all a pocketful of fly. :)

Speaking of abusing mods , I witnessed a flame war on a martial arts forum between two mods. One was visiting from another forum and has a rep for just going off on anybody for the hell of it. However, the mod he went toe to toe with had a rep for giving as good as he gets. And they started beating each other down on two separate threads. The admin shut it down because phone calls were allegedly being made to check references.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To answer Harlan's tongue in cheek Juvenal quote, in the case of MT, we moderate each other assiduously to make sure noone is overstepping bounds or not setting a good example (even when posting as 'private individuals' we are still expected not to 'stray').

The set-up here means that noone person, not even Cap'n Bob, can say unilaterally what course of action needs to be taken on any given issue and also that noone is 'immune' (even Bob has been suspended before now, I can't think of anywhere else where that would happen :D).

As befit's the title of this thread, in the years I have been here I have seen that, in the main, people come to MT, absorb the generally amenable atmosphere and behave accordingly. Only a very few have to be guided to the path of civil discourse and even fewer have to be treated more strictly. Most people are decent after all; give them a decent environment to be in and they will extend their 'decency' to the on-line world too (with the caveat that there must be the will and the strength to ensure that those who wish to break things are not permitted to do so).

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are Senior Admins with equivalent powers, so, aye, the King can be locked out of his own castle if he strays from the laws that he proclaims :).

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are Senior Admins with equivalent powers, so, aye, the King can be locked out of his own castle if he strays from the laws that he proclaims :).

Thats pretty cool. In this gaming forum i was bullied on they claimed to have the same sort of thing, but that doesnt work when the 'senior' is pretty much as imcompetent as those admins and mods below him and thats why no one stopped it

Seriously, some gaming forums and forums about many other things are very much like the Cobra Kai's of the internet world.

In fact - on that forum they WANTED to be Gaming version of Cobra Kai's. it was almost like they were internet sadists and got pleasure out of humiliating me and hurting me.

Latest Discussions