Women Are Better At EVERYTHING? Hmm...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And if someone had posted a thread about how men do everything better than women ... ?

I'm not going to say anything more on this, as it does my blood-pressure no good at all, other than that men and women are different (not solely reproductively) for very sound evolutionary reasons; if we weren't then it's highly probably that we would have failed to survive as a species.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And if someone had posted a thread about how men do everything better than women ... ?

I'm not going to say anything more on this, as it does my blood-pressure no good at all, other than that men and women are different (not solely reproductively) for very sound evolutionary reasons; if we weren't then it's highly probably that we would have failed to survive as a species.
LOL, I think we had those before...
:angel:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are women better than men at peeing on campfires? :lol:

I don`t know about "better", but they ARE alot more fun to watch. Can`t write their names in the snow worth a darn though.

LOL, the article covered high finance, now we are back to caveman antics of territory marking and no, cave woman didn't tinkle in the fire...way to valuable, and we are getting back to the woman and retaining value in the investments...

(women are better at arguing, too)

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think blanket statements like this are facile. I think even to break it down and say women are better than men at a certain task is also based in pure gender stereotype and anecdote. The implication is that ALL women are better than ALL men at a certain task. Contrariwise, we would say ALL men are better than ALL women at a certain other task. Both of these statements are provably false.

Articles like this that appear in the gender lifestyle magazines are just dumb though that is my view and but I am just a dumb brunette who cannot read maps lol :D

The most that can be said with any certainty is that SOME women are better than SOME men at SOME things. Therefore SOME men are better than SOME women at SOME things.

By this statement we can also know that some men are better than some women at completing tasks which are commonly gender stereotyped as being "female tasks" (from nurturing to makeup lol - a lot of makeup artists and hairdressers are men and but maybe that is encroaching upon another discussion lol). By that token, some women are better than some men at completing tasks that are commonly accepted as "men tasks" (I have a wonderful female plumber here and that is not to mention martial arts :D)

Clear? Good :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, I do agree on an individual level. but the article took it somewhat to a broader level. And I can see some merit in there.
because there is a gender difference.
You see that when you look at kids who are not tainted by expectation, there are things the boys go for, others the girls pick.
Insurers can give you a wagon load of statistics on how much men and women cost them.

I think it's kind of interesting, when taken with a grain of salt, since overall trends don't translate to the individual level.

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Overall, we're still better at opening tight jars or getting things off high shelves than most women ;)

I kind of assumed that was the main reason you kept us around most of the time...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Overall, we're still better at opening tight jars or getting things off high shelves than most women ;)

I kind of assumed that was the main reason you kept us around most of the time...

pretty much, cos the other things guys are better at, like leaving the seat up and chucking empties behind furniture is not really all that great once you move out of the cave.

;)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm better at being me than anyone else is. :)

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OK Now just hold the phone...
I'm the BOSS...

And I have HER! permission to say so :rules:

Latest Discussions