I Blame Women

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I Blame Women

June 6, 2011 - 12:00 am - by Andrew Klavan Pajamas Media EXCERPT:
(EMPHASIS MINE)

I was so delighted to have my blog return to Pajamas Media that I really wanted to start off by writing about something important, an issue that really makes a difference in people’s lives, or an idea that perhaps you hadn’t thought of before, that might change the way you look at things. But then I realized: I haven’t made any jokes about Congressman Anthony Weiner’s penis yet. So here we go.
As everyone knows by now, Weiner allegedly tweeted a photo of his erect Democrat to a young woman and then allegedly lied about it while yelling at (and even calling the cops on) reporters who were trying to get at the truth. For purposes of this paragraph, the word “allegedly” means “obviously.”
<<SNIP>>
Instead, I wanted to take a serious look at this situation and get at the reasons men such as Weiner behave in this grotesque way.
I blame women. No, really. Women — by which I mean each and every single member of the female gender — you know who you are — need look no further than themselves to explain why Weiner-types behave toward them in this fashion. We men are always hearing complaints from women about how badly we treat them, what pigs we are, how pushy and abrasive… on and on. But what these same women conveniently fail to mention is that this stuff really works on them!
<<<SNIP>>>

So, then, ladies — what do you expect? All we guys want is for you to love us. If this is the sort of guy you follow after in droves, this is the sort of guy we’re encouraged to be. And I have to admit: I don’t get it. I look at Weiner and I see a rude, arrogant, entitled and clearly dishonest little piece of Democrat thoroughly convinced of his wholly non-existent superiority. Physically, he’s a dead ringer for a turtle that’s been pulled out of its shell. And as for his manners… did I mention he takes pictures of his absurdly eponymous package and sends them to women on Twitter!
And that’s the sort of stuff that wins you over, ladies? Well, if it is, expect to see a lot more of it. It’s Darwin 101: men evolve to attract the opposite sex. By natural law, women get what they want from men… it hardly seems fair for them to complain about it when it turns up in their inbox.
So women, here’s some free advice. Stop dating creeps. It only encourages them.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Aside from the democrat dig...

The best pickup line is anyhow 'I got issues, I am a jerk'

And no, not all women fall for it. Some of us eventually outgrow the need to fix stupid.

:)

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And no, not all women fall for it. Some of us eventually outgrow the need to fix stupid.

:)

By that point, the woman's got 2 or 3 kids and the "nice guy" alternative is thoroughly jaded and going to strip clubs. Heh...

But yeah, aside from the Democrat dig, I find myself nodding in agreement with the OP. Who knew?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
By that point, the woman's got 2 or 3 kids and the "nice guy" alternative is thoroughly jaded and going to strip clubs. Heh...

But yeah, aside from the Democrat dig, I find myself nodding in agreement with the OP. Who knew?
Jaded as I am, I still can't see blowing a couple hundred on a woman you can't take home, but maybe I'm just a jerk.:uhyeah:
Sean

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jaded as I am, I still can't see blowing a couple hundred on a woman you can't take home, but maybe I'm just a jerk.:uhyeah:
Sean
I know a guy whose disposable income is MUCH more than mine. He doesn't date anymore. He calls a service, a stripper comes to his house, does a little dancing, and a whole lot more,(with the right tip...) says it is cheaper than dating, and he gets a show first.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I know a guy whose disposable income is MUCH more than mine. He doesn't date anymore. He calls a service, a stripper comes to his house, does a little dancing, and a whole lot more,(with the right tip...) says it is cheaper than dating, and he gets a show first.
I have a friend that does the same thing. I am too goddamn cheap.:) I prefer the emotional roller coaster of the non-professional variety myself.
Sean

Last edited:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
From my experience women say they want a nice guy but tend to wind up with the jerk who abuses the relationship (monetarily, emotionally, mentally and sadly physically). They'll stay with this jerk for a period of time between 6 months to 6 years before realizing that they need to get away from him no matter how many times he begs "Oh, I'm sorry baby, I'll do better I promise, I really love you ... bla bla bla". Then they realize that the nice guys aren't so bad after all. A bit boring perhaps but at least predictable, and everything settles into a nice routine that they'll either stick with or get bored with it and end up having an affair or leaving the nice guy anyway. However if the woman has any sense of integrity at all she'll be the most loyal and dedicated person the man has ever met.

Other experiences are the women who use their fabulous looks to get basically anything they want whenever they want. Essentially prostituting themselves but not really loving the guy though it's given a lot of lip-service because "it's what men want to hear". She ends up having several affairs (sometimes all at once) with anyone ranging from the golf/tennis pro at the club to the pool cleaner.

It's a two way street... men can be horrendous jerks and women just awful bitches. OR men can be the most wonderful guy on the planet and women can be the sweetest thing ever.

No wonder we'll never figure each other out.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have a friend that does the same thing. I am too goddamn cheap.:) I prefer the emotional roller coaster of the non-professional variety myself.
Sean
He says the real beauty of it is no emotional roller coaster. I am not too cheap, I just can't afford it right now.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You just have to keep rolling the dice until either you get the requisite number of double-sixes ... or give up the game.

Many women do like rogues it's true but what they are after under that monolithic moniker are men who are sure of themselves and not easily ordered about rather than blokes who do their 'reasoning' with their partners using violence or deceit i.e. someone independant, confident and possessed of a spine.

To put it succinctly, in my experience (sample size <> all of humanity) women want a 'good man' who is capable of not being a 'weak man' when necessary. Protect and provide, even now in this more overtly equal time, that still stands true as a litmus test for what a man should do.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You just have to keep rolling the dice until either you get the requisite number of double-sixes ... or give up the game.

Many women do like rogues it's true but what they are after under that monolithic moniker are men who are sure of themselves and not easily ordered about rather than blokes who do their 'reasoning' with their partners using violence or deceit i.e. someone independant, confident and possessed of a spine.

To put it succinctly, in my experience (sample size <> all of humanity) women want a 'good man' who is capable of not being a 'weak man' when necessary. Protect and provide, even now in this more overtly equal time, that still stands true as a litmus test for what a man should do.

Well, there are still pockets in our modern worls where girls are trimmed and trained to be pretty accessories and marry the richest guy they can find. Naturally you have to endure a lot to stomach that (better living through pharmacy) and get what Mr Moneybags can't provide.

When women say they like a 'dangerous guy' they think James Bond....in real life they are more likely to appear on an episode of COPS yelling at the LEOs "LOCK HIS A$$ UP!!!"
(thank you from the bottom of my heart, Mr Jeff Foxworthy, for this observation!!)

But no, in general my sisters are idiots, falling for the mama boys with baggage and issues, thinking love fixes all.
It helps to be a little cynical in this game I suppose....then again, my sister was a very cynical person, and yet, she never managed to date a decent guy....

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do we like rogues? Not particularly but it's better than being bored by men who think they know everything.

Latest Discussions