Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
They are afraid we ship all those so called 'Celebs' as pioneers to Mars! :)

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
In the comments someone mentioned we will one day have Firefly class ships in space...forget that...Constellation Class starships...

Drasken

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This is awesome!

Of course it isn't big news because this might give people hope instead of telling us how our society is doomed and beyond repair.

Though, just imagine how much farther we'd be if we worked together to better ourselves as a species instead of bombing the Hell out of each other...

And yeah, Firefly tech is fine by me too.
Where's my Jayne hat....

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is awesome!

Of course it isn't big news because this might give people hope instead of telling us how our society is doomed and beyond repair.

Though, just imagine how much farther we'd be if we worked together to better ourselves as a species instead of bombing the Hell out of each other...

And yeah, Firefly tech is fine by me too.
Where's my Jayne hat....

To be fair, right now the world is more peaceful than its been in a long, long, long time. And alot of the folks under the age of 30 were born into a world thats that peaceful. If we were half as violent as we used to be, and we had the media we had now, i dont doubt that barely anyone would even care, because itd just be normal. But people under peaceful conditions get conditioned to those conditions, and the media feeds off of their insecurities and preconceptions. When was the last time you watched a news report that didnt bring up someone who recently died in a car accident, or a murder, or anything really? I mean, this might sound a bit cruel, but how is that news compared to actually interesting information? It just feeds on conditioning.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's not big news because it is experimental only, and the vast majority of people don't understand research, they're only interested in finished products. If you combine the promising research into fusion drives with the current research into a warp drive, then you've really got something to get excited about. ... Warp Drive Possible?

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Those changes to the concept of a Warp drive are ones that I had not heard in detail before :). Fascinating, as a certain Vulcan of our acquaintance would say :D.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The fact that they've begun lab experiments on it is what I like!

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Browncoats!

“News” like this doesn’t seem to sell advertising. What can I say?

I’d actually prefer more of this kind of “news” to the garbage we’ve been getting lately.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Because it's much more important to report on Justin Biebers latest hairstyle , or what the Kardashians are up to.
That's why.

Latest Discussions