The Myth that Gun Control is Good By Bob Hubbard

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bipods are scary. They could easily become tripods, and from there...? Better safe than sorry.

Happens to me all the time.
icon6.gif

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Must have been an upbringing thing which later became a personal moral thing.....

*wistful sigh, looks at the country the way it is now, pondering how sad it is for a man to have outlived his time before he's even hit middle age......*

Oh stop that, it's just self-indulgent. There never was a Golden Age, and there never will be. Humans have had pretty much the same mental outlook for the past 100,000 years. There never was a golden time of honor and good citizenship.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So constitutional rights go away because someone is now too old?

At what level of senility do people lose the right to free speech? Lose protections about undue process and search and seizure? For a someone who claims to have libertarian principles you are sure tending toward regulation. As long as a person is a responsible member of society, they should retain those rights, and if they blow their own foot off or take their own life, so be it. Their right, their responsibility.
I didn't say that. Think I said I wouldn't support a law that did it. I just said I didn't think some people should have em. There's a difference. Remember, I'm Jeffersonian in my views.

The Boy Scouts used to have a marksmanship merit badge. I remember shooting at a camp in Tenn. in the 80's. Still have the shell casings in fact.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh stop that, it's just self-indulgent. There never was a Golden Age, and there never will be. Humans have had pretty much the same mental outlook for the past 100,000 years. There never was a golden time of honor and good citizenship.

Rethinking this post, I came off as a lot more of a jerk than I intended. Sorry Andy, I wasn't trying to be personal, but it came out that way anyway. I understand your mindset and your frustration.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
The Boy Scouts used to have a marksmanship merit badge. I remember shooting at a camp in Tenn. in the 80's. Still have the shell casings in fact.

They still do. "Rifle Shooting" and "Shotgun Shooting". I earned both. Shooting was a lot of fun in the scouts. We were able to do skeet shooting with 12ga pumps, .22 target shooting, and even black powder (don't know the caliber). The badges were great too, since in the course of earning it you learned proper upkeep and cleaning, and with a pump shotgun, that wasn't trivial.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When I was in the BSA at the camps in the summer they had a rifle range .22 lr. Unfortunatly if you brought a rifle, it had to stay in the range locker. Man that was a bummer (at least for a 14 year old... now days I'd want them locked up to with all those kids.)

Deaf

Latest Discussions