• I was invited by a friend

• Looked like a cool place to be

• I was looking for info

• Don't really know

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeLamar.J

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Martial arts was something that just always seemed to be a part of my life. My father started training way before I was born, he made black belt some time durring the 60's. I was brought up doing MA. I didnt even realize what I was doing until I got a little older and started school. Everyone was like, cool you know karate, I said doesnt everyone do that type of thing? I thought everybody did martial arts until I realized I was lucky to have a father who brought me up that way. Then when I hit about 15 I got involved in partying, drugs, and all that stupid stuff teenagers do. Then wised up and started training serious again at 17. Got married at 18, got a job, bills to pay, and all that other fun stuff. So I dont train the way I did when I was younger because I just dont have the time I did then, but I try to train as much as I can.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Was referred here by an instructor/friend and once I checked it out, thought it looked cool, so here I am!!

:asian: :karate:

kenpo tiger

Senior Master
Reaction score
Careful Feisty. She's good at getting out of those hugs when she wants to!

G

Gary Crawford

I don't remember how or why I found it,I just started reading the posts and I was hooked!I discovered some really entertaining and informative people here.

Enson

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
no one else i knew at the time studied ninjutsu. so i did a yahoo search and found this site by accident. i wasn't really big on forum sites but then i found that these people actually studied ma and ninjutsu, i thought i could find some answers and some pointers.

Raewyn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I found this site through Sarah, who I train with. I have learnt so much from reading everything here,and still learning. best thing ever!!!!!

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I was told to go to a different board.
The persons (several) did not want to have any of my imput. I got into quite a few verbal altercations and was asked to leave.
When I did not I was expunged from the board.

I had already found this board and am glad I did.

When I first came here I was in a small verbal altercation, the thread was locked down and I was suspended for a week.

I have meditated on it, came to the conclusion that I would change my hostile attitude, now I am back.. Regards, Gary

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Google Search :)

Looked like a friendly, fun place to be.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
GAB said:
I have meditated on it, came to the conclusion that I would change my hostile attitude, now I am back.. Regards, Gary
Welcome back.

- Ceicei

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A specific person here on MT told me about 15 times to check it out and finally did.

GAB

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
To Ceicei,

Thank you, that is nice of you considering, I was not nice when I was on my roll.. I appreciate it. Regards, Gary

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I used to post on other MA forums. everyone had the same attitude about things, and there was one guy who knew everything. I came over here, because I saw a link to it. I was very impressed with the level thought and intellect put into each discussion. There is experts from every style here, and everyone is open to new things. Most things are positive. I still occasionally go to other forums and sites, but would rather not, because people are much more respectful here. and if they arent, they are usually shot down quickly. lol.

Keep up the good work everyone,

Shogun

Latest Discussions