• I was invited by a friend

• Looked like a cool place to be

• I was looking for info

• Don't really know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know, I don't really remember, Rob. Good question. I think on another board someone referenced MT, and I came over to check it out. I was very impressed by the atmosphere and the level of discussion, as well as the cadence of the discourse.

I was a little annoyed at needing to wait to join, though.

But it was worth it! Whhooooooohhhooooo! :partyon:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I saw Ceicei posting on it (at her house) and peeked in and went ahead and signed up. T'was a good thing.
:asian:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Y'know.... I don't really remember.... I think it had something to do with being hit in the head with sticks...but that mighta came later....it's all a blur.

Wait....maybe I should talk to the boss....

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't remember how I got to MT, probably looking for something. Anyway, martial arts are my favorites subject, at least one art anyway. The way our school was structured and lack of interaction, any picnics etc., there is hardly any time to discuss anything. The forum is like a whole world out there of information that I never knew how to tap into except for books that I would occasionally buy. But maybe I am getting a little obsessed being on probably too much. I did go make pottery once this week, besides all the other mundane chores of life. I also like that most of the people here are nice. The forum itself is put together well and is easy to use too. TW

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was cruising the internet and using a search engine for "kenpo techniques" (seeking information on certain techniques) and the list brought up some threads from MartialTalk. I got quite intriqued and lurked around as a guest for about a month. I decided to join and had trouble joining (took three days) before I finally was able to become a member and make replies.

- Ceicei

Sarah

Senior Master
Reaction score
Looking for info, I’m obsessed with MA so figured it would be cool chatting with people who feel similar.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was doing an internet search for Hwa Rang Do when I found a link to a thread here, looked around, and though it was a cool place to be, chat and learn.

Right on!

just figured it might bring about some interesting and different conversations from different people and their backgrounds.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well I was given MT address and found alot of interesting and favable connection over the last few months, I believe most of the people are genuine and are not flakes trying to kill other people views. You can always find someone with some pretty sound advice, when they are given the chance. GOD BLESS AMERICA

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was at Sandor Urban's site and clicked the link to MT a few years back.. this is one site that you don't have to 'Be someone in the Martial Arts World' to feel comfortable in posting :)

:asian:

~Tess

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I actually don't remember. It was about two and a half years ago. I think when I was either looking for a school up here, or looking for info on google.

Feisty Mouse

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A friend/instructor said I should check it out. And I did. And now I won't shut up.

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Feisty Mouse said:
A friend/instructor said I should check it out. And I did. And now I won't shut up.
:boing1: That's a good thing!

I was surfing the Net for Kenpo videos and fell into this big ole MT hole!:)

G

gyaku-zuki queen

iunno... jus wanted 2 c wut other ppl had 2 say bout things.. n then some of the stuff wus funny n intrestin n stuff so yea.. :partyon:

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was referred to the site by a friend, and then in turn ended up referring many people to the site later on.

Latest Discussions