why are people so tramatized about mcdojos ?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion to solve this problem once and for all:

Everybody just stop responding to anything that Suicide posts here. Ever.

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
yeah i started this thread just to see what the big deal is with mcdojos and why people waste there time complaining about them and not doing nothing about it DONT TALK ABOUT IT BE ABOUT IT MY BOY !
The problem with mcdojos is that they are making money off of lies and I am impovershed because I am truthful.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never said that i thought mcdojos were ok ? and i also never said that they werent - i dont care about mcdojos the world is to awsome & buetiful to be concerned with mcdojos if your so threatend by mcdojos go to one and give a seminar open some of those students minds up ...

LMAO! Dude, you really need to learn some reading comprehension and spelling. I've said many times, that I'm not threatened by mcdojos. Thats your impression, twisting my words around. What you fail to do, is give your reasons as to your thinking. You make post after post, but never give a reason behind anything you say. I'm not the only one who has been saying that to you either. Why did you start this thread then? To troll??????

just cause ur an admin. dont mean you could be power tripping and its ok ! whats wrong with you show some class and stop snitching and stop lying thats lame ! green dots in the real world mean nothing my boy.

Power tripping? What? Umm...prior to joining this forum, YOU agreed to the forum rules. I suggest reading them and following them, otherwise your time here will be very short. Again, as an Admin here, it is my job to keep this forum running smooth, and if that upsets you, its too bad. You're free to leave anytime. As for the green dots...LOL, yes junior, I understand they're not important. However, its proof that people have enjoyed and complimented me on posts that I've made. Looking at all your red ones means that alot of people share the same impression of you...that you're a troll and you're causing issues. If I'm doing something so wrong, then report it, talk to Bob about it. Just because I'm an Admin here does not mean I'm above the law. This is Bobs forum, not mine. Therefore, I have to follow what rules he has in place. If I'm screwing up so bad, he'll talk to me, but to date, it seems as though I'm doing just fine. :D

yeah i started this thread just to see what the big deal is with mcdojos and why people waste there time complaining about them and not doing nothing about it DONT TALK ABOUT IT BE ABOUT IT MY BOY !

Do something about them? Whats there to do? We move on. I dont train at one and never will. Its sad though, that the uneducated will assume that every school is like a mcdojo. I know how I train and I'm more than happy with it.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a suggestion to solve this problem once and for all:

Everybody just stop responding to anything that Suicide posts here. Ever.

And a great suggestion it is!

:troll::feedtroll

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
you win my boy ! you get the MCDOJO APRRECIATION AWARD OF THE YEAR enjoy , and flying crane gets the best MCDOJO supporting actress award for his roll in this thread.

thats it thread over people are tramatized by mcdojos for greed envy jealousy ... ARIGATO

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

Let me clarify for one moment. I dont want to give the impression that anyone that charges for lessons, any commercial school, is a mcdojo. IMO, the main difference is the quality vs quantity.
No worries there; that thought had not crossed my mind.:)

IMO, a mcdojo is concerned with the quantity of students that they have, they want to get as many black belts, both kids and adults, running around, so it gives the impression to anyone that walks in the door, that they too, with ease, can get a BB.
Yes, but a school does not need to be a McDojo to be that way, unless you are using the term McDojo as a synonym for a lousy school. Perhaps it is a word usage issue, as I use the word strictly to describe the business structure.

My opinion is that 80% of everything (hyperbole) is substandard. Substandard schools with effective business programs can survive due to slick marketing and a sharp business mind.

The major problem is that you have people who are business minded who get into martial arts because they see a way to make a good living in the MA industry. In and of itself, this is okay. But the majority of people who think along those lines think business first and usually do not have the skills to do otherwise. The ones who really care and have the skills run very successful commercial schools that turn out well trained students. The rest run the gammut from kind of okay to hideously bad.

Instead, I think that the schools should be more concerned with the quality of their students. Who cares how many BB's they have in the school. What should matter, is the BBs that they do have, look sharp, can perform the material, can explain it, teach it, make it work, etc.
I agree. When a commercial school to does that and remains commercially successful, they generally have found another factor or factors to place emphasis on besides the black belt.

Daniel

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

zàijiàn :wavey:

And for the record

By Traumatized I assume you are implying that people suffer a traumatic event over McDojos

A traumatic event is an experience that causes physical, emotional, psychological distress, or harm. It is an event that is perceived and experienced as a threat to one's safety or to the stability of one's world.

I frankly do not know anyone that is traumatized by anything that could be remotely defined as a McDojos... whatever the definition of a McDojos is. I do know a few that are and read a few that are disgusted, annoyed, or like me just plain bored with the whole topic.

Stop worrying about it, postig about it and train

:tantrum: And here all this time I was hoping for the supporting actress award for this post, I am SO unappreciated :dramaqueen: now I will just have to jump on stage like Kanye West when FC gets the award :D

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries there; that thought had not crossed my mind.:)

:)

Yes, but a school does not need to be a McDojo to be that way, unless you are using the term McDojo as a synonym for a lousy school. Perhaps it is a word usage issue, as I use the word strictly to describe the business structure.

My opinion is that 80% of everything (hyperbole) is substandard. Substandard schools with effective business programs can survive due to slick marketing and a sharp business mind.

The major problem is that you have people who are business minded who get into martial arts because they see a way to make a good living in the MA industry. In and of itself, this is okay. But the majority of people who think along those lines think business first and usually do not have the skills to do otherwise. The ones who really care and have the skills run very successful commercial schools that turn out well trained students. The rest run the gammut from kind of okay to hideously bad.

Well, like I said, I view the mcdojo as quantity over quality. So in essance we can have a school with 20 black belts. Depending on the school, they can either be quality ones or not. I dont want to make it sound as if having a group of BBs is a bad thing. Question is, did those people bust heir tail to get it or was it handed to them?

I dont think there is anything wrong with a commercial school. Its their standards and ethics that come into play, that IMO, make the difference. :)

I agree. When a commercial school to does that and remains commercially successful, they generally have found another factor or factors to place emphasis on besides the black belt.

Daniel

:)

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please keep the discussion at a mature, respectful level.

Please review our sniping policy http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71377.

Feel free to use the Ignore feature to ignore members whose posts you do not wish to read (it is at the bottom of each member's profile).

Thank you.

-Ronald Shin
-MT Supermoderator

Latest Discussions