It was only a matter of time. McDojo vitcim beaten up

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's not a mcdojo dude, that is what all sifu's/senseis tell their children students so they don't end up going around picking fights and becoming thugs. It sounds like the kid just took the message way too literally.
The school doesn't teach the application of the techniques. If you don't want kids to start fights then you just come out and say "Don't start fights." Guess what parents tell kids not to do? They say "don't start fights." The don't beat around the bush with it.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
The school doesn't teach the application of the techniques. If you don't want kids to start fights then you just come out and say "Don't start fights." Guess what parents tell kids not to do? They say "don't start fights." The don't beat around the bush with it.

So what do they do then? Just swing at the air?

WaterGal

Master of Arts
Reaction score
That's not a mcdojo dude, that is what all sifu's/senseis tell their children students so they don't end up going around picking fights and becoming thugs. It sounds like the kid just took the message way too literally.

I think there's a difference between telling kids "only fight in self-defense", "try to resolve problems peacefully if you can", etc and telling kids "don't ever use your karate on another person".

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand why some places never teach application. That would be like me talking to you about how to cook pasole, giving you books to read about it, handling each ingredient but then I never teach how to actually put it all together.

What would be the point of that?