What kind of a fighter do you fear most?

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
He bleeds like I do, his bones break like mine do, and he puts his pants on one leg at time just like I do.:asian:

"I put my pants on like every other man, one leg at a time. The only difference is when I am done, I make Gold Records."

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Also when your angry you will do things that can go well beyond excessive {snip}... You can't make rational decisions when you let yourself lose control.

A very important point. I too had a very bad, violent, temper when I was young, that lead me to taking the use of my fists as the primary method of solving disagreements.

Thankfully my father knocked that out of me with properly measured and delivered discipline (sorry for all those that think that physical punishment teaches the wrong lessons - sometimes it doesn't).

Since the damage caused by my bike accident, I have the twin problems that the temper is back (not as bad but still not good) tied with the fact that I only have one good arm. So I really have to make sure I keep that anger in check or I'll end up writing a cheque that my body can no longer cash.

GBlues

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A very important point. I too had a very bad, violent, temper when I was young, that lead me to taking the use of my fists as the primary method of solving disagreements.

Thankfully my father knocked that out of me with properly measured and delivered discipline (sorry for all those that think that physical punishment teaches the wrong lessons - sometimes it doesn't).

Since the damage caused by my bike accident, I have the twin problems that the temper is back (not as bad but still not good) tied with the fact that I only have one good arm. So I really have to make sure I keep that anger in check or I'll end up writing a cheque that my body can no longer cash.

Yeah, It's something that I worry about on an everyday basis. It was just so bad when I was a kid. Went to couple of company christmas parties maybe 6 yrs ago and maybe 3 the other. Yeah I got drunk and got all twisted off. Made a real jerk out of myself. After that I swore I would never drink again. Till I met my wife, she wanted me to get drunk at the new jobs christmas party and see what I was like. Wasn't good. Told my drillers they were stupid and didn't know what the heck they were doing. I was right, but wrong thing to tell your bosses. LOL! SO I don't drink anymore. Helps to keep me in check. My uncle told me this afterwards in a conversation, "Never get so wasted that you can't take care of yourself, leads to alot of missing teeth." LOL! I've been lucky I guess. Never an altercation, but alot loud mouthed stupid stuff you know. ANyways yeah it's important to keep your anger in check, on more than just a self-defense level. :asian:

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Being one of the SF types of guys (75th Rangers, HOOAH!!) I would say that I fear no one!!! And that would be a lie. What type of fighter would I not wanna go up against? I really can't say that there is one. The type of PERSON i would fear is one that has nothing to lose, or a care for their own lives. Street Fighters and SF guys fight with survival and life preservation in mind, where the guy with nothing to lose just wants to end yours.
Exactly.....the kind who has ZERO respect for the law, or ultimately even his own life, and is willing to go to any lengths to do what he has in mind.

That guy will kill you if he can, and nothing short of cutting his head off will suffice to prevent him from doing it.

Someone like these guys.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xVgWZFU1aM&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
It is when you stop fearing them that an inferior fighter can take advantage of your carelessness.
You said a mouthful, Brother. :D

Why didn't you tell me this before I got the snot beat out of me (earlier post)? :lol:

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
The answers given pretty much sum up my thought. The ones who have nothing to loose, they don't care what they have to do.