What is your Dirty Dozen?

Mmm. my thoughts on this.

Best-Case-worst-case-scenario. That basically means (personal thing only) the place in a fight, or what ever that your style or personal training focuses on. Like, a judoka would do best in the clinch or on the ground; a teakwondoka would do best when he/she can kick. For me that would be just inside punching range (old boxer, what do you expect). This scenario also means, you're life is not on the line (I’ll get to that in just a moment). For me:

1. A boxer’s jab

2. A boxers cross

3. A boxer’s hook

4. A boxer’s uppercut

5. Elbows

6. Knees

7. Side kicks to the solar plexus

8. Round kicks to the floating rib

9. Round kicks to kidney

10. Round kicks to the knee

11. Hammer fists to the side of the head

12. The very few locks that I know (basic judo, I haven't quite gotten to that point)

Worst-case scenario. Your not were you would like to be (a taekwondoka on the ground). Your life is still not quite on the line. For me, mostly try to get off the ground, 'cause i'm probably screwed if I stay there.

Absolute worst-case scenario. Your life is now on the line, so you lose, it's all over. For me.

1. Disarm

2. Strangle

3. Dislocate any thing that gets in the way of 2

4. Break any thing that gets in the way and I can’t dislocate (say a wrist)

5. Kick the crouch to open for number 2

6. Eye gouges if I can’t do number 5

7. Use any weapon at hand (pen, pencil, knife, belt, back pack, some girls purse [last ones a joke])

8. Weapon I have to go find (can you say shot gun? [Only if I have to])

9. There own stupidity (trick them into basically giving me there weapon)

10. Any thing else that comes out

11. Cop

12. Staff (like employees, not a beat'en staff [joke])

But you have to remember if your body says do attack "A", and then do attack "A".

If your body says do block "B", then do block "B". If your body says do flying triple spin dropping attack "C", then do attack "A" [joke, but do really want to do a flying triple spin any thing, probably not]. Basically do what your body wants, I notice that will normally be the smartest thing to do (on a subcouncse awareness of whats going on that your concensiouse mind not might notice, I think I don really know). But to each his own.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Back