The Wing Chun fighting stance explained

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You left out "you don't understand WC, that's clear because you don't understand my vague posts".

It's nice to see that you in a respectful way, are open to the vague posts that generally amount to same. I like that about you, however vague it maybe, you have an open mind fella :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see that you in a respectful way, are open to the vague posts that generally amount to same. I like that about you, however vague it maybe, you have an open mind fella :)
Thanks. I'm pretty capable of vague posts, myself, and I like when folks both educate me and challenge my current notions.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm pretty capable of vague posts, myself, and I like when folks both educate me and challenge my current notions.

Welll put, the emboldened bit struck me as I started my current Wing Chun school. It is unorthodox with changes made to the first form especially. It challenged my notions of Wing Chun.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welll put, the emboldened bit struck me as I started my current Wing Chun school. It is unorthodox with changes made to the first form especially. It challenged my notions of Wing Chun.
I took some time (about 15 years) to examine my own views of my primary art, training is some other arts - both closely related and not - and re-formed most of my approach to the art. Some of the best help I got in that was from people stating views I hadn’t considered, or that I had come to a contrary conclusion to. More to the point, hearing their reasoning (and that of folks I agreed with) helped me change some of my views and reinforce others.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took some time (about 15 years) to examine my own views of my primary art, training is some other arts - both closely related and not - and re-formed most of my approach to the art. Some of the best help I got in that was from people stating views I hadn’t considered, or that I had come to a contrary conclusion to. More to the point, hearing their reasoning (and that of folks I agreed with) helped me change some of my views and reinforce others.

Yes will no doubt that I will be doing a lot of reasoning, especially stance wise. It in class that I first noticed that my footwork was getting compromised. Especially a weakness down my left side. Hopefully it will improve.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Please say more!