The Philosophy Behind the Black Belt

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
ive read the words, but have no idea what sentiment your trying to convey
Apparently all that matters in life is having sex I think that’s the kind of rubbish he’s trying to say.

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No it’s just general common sense....something you seem to struggle with

Excuse me?? lmao. You're saying that it's common sense to believe that we don't need food, sex, and community?

Bro, are you under 18 or something?

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Apparently all that matters in life is having sex I think that’s the kind of rubbish he’s trying to say.

Yeah dude. That's all that matters in life.

People who believe differently are brainwashed or just ignorant.

I'm a Christian and I recognize that.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Excuse me?? lmao. You're saying that it's common sense to believe that we don't need food, sex, and community?

Bro, are you under 18 or something?
Food yes, community depends on the person, sex no

You posted thread asking about sex appeal in martial arts and spoke about how you and your weight lifter buddies will attract so many women....sounds like you’re the one under 18 here “bro”

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Yeah dude. That's all that matters in life.

People who believe differently are brainwashed or just ignorant.

I'm a Christian and I recognize that.
I know which one you are....ignorant and arrogant

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
on a biological level it has some validity, procreation is an enourmas driver of humanity

but i think he has been drinking and got a bee in his bonnet about yoga

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
on a biological level it has some validity, procreation is an enourmas driver of humanity

but i think he has been drinking and got a bee in his bonnet about yoga
With all the nonsense he’s saying I really hope it’s booze

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
Back to the topic. Yeah sure when I was young I thought a black belt meant a lot. But when I got it....nothing changed.....my skills didn’t shoot up to unbeatable Bruce lee movie character level....I didn’t suddenly become the most popular man in the country I carried on just the same as every other day my friends were exactly the same and the ones outside of martial arts didn’t care at all, the ones in martial arts said well done then they carried on with their life. What matters are the skills I needed to gain the black belt. Those are what are important, look at those clubs that give them out because they do enough classes no matter their skill. Is that really the best achievement you got a belt for turning up.

no doubt about it gaining a black belt is a high accomplishment ( as long as it’s done by a legitimate instructor) but to say it’s the most important thing ever and the only worthwhile thing you’ll do...honestly that’s arrogant. Black belts don’t mater to evehrine. Sure to some they do and that’s fine but to say that should apply to Everyone is just silly

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Food yes, community depends on the person, sex no

You posted thread asking about sex appeal in martial arts and spoke about how you and your weight lifter buddies will attract so many women....sounds like you’re the one under 18 here “bro”

You're gonna have to make me unpack my thoughts on this one. lol.

Food is obvious. A sense of belonging or a sense of community, or just having a group of friends, is needed for sanity. REQUIRED, even. Sex is tricky. We can talk about it.

I have to clarify, I only really said that sex is everything to state a point. A life's purpose is a bit more than that, but I was proving a point.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
You're gonna have to make me unpack my thoughts on this one. lol.

Food is obvious. A sense of belonging or a sense of community, or just having a group of friends, is needed for sanity. REQUIRED, even. Sex is tricky. We can talk about it.

I have to clarify, I only really said that sex is everything to state a point. A life's purpose is a bit more than that, but I was proving a point.
No it’s not some people are more than happy by themselves and don’t need people around. Plenty of people completely isolate themselves as they’re happier that way with their own company and away from people.

it’s not tricky you don’t need it to survive you won’t die without it plenty of people go without it not necessary at all

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No it’s not some people are more than happy by themselves and don’t need people around. Plenty of people completely isolate themselves as they’re happier that way with their own company and away from people.

it’s not tricky you don’t need it to survive you won’t die without it plenty of people go without it not necessary at all

I didn't say you needed it TO SURVIVE. I said FOR SANITY. Insane people can still breathe.

And no, dude. The idea of spiritually-enlightened hermits achieving total bliss in their alone-ness is pure BS. Some people, through their own mental strength, can tolerate isolation better, but even they have a limit.

KOKarate

Green Belt
Reaction score
I didn't say you needed it TO SURVIVE. I said FOR SANITY. Insane people can still breathe.

And no, dude. The idea of spiritually-enlightened hermits achieving total bliss in their alone-ness is pure BS. Some people, through their own mental strength, can tolerate isolation better, but even they have a limit.
Ok dude

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score

yes they do, is that choice or do they lack the social skills to make and sustain friendships, or have been damaged in someway do they have trust issues.

people in both cases, will say it choice, that better and easier to live with than" im so unpopular no one wants me

we are supposed to be a,social species our whole development is based on mutal co operation, its not for nothing that solitarry confinement is used as punishment and to send people mad

Bee Brian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
yes they do, is that choice or do they lack the social skills to make and sustain friendships, or have been damaged in someway do they have trust issues.

people in both cases, will say it choice, that better and easier to live with than" im so unpopular no one wants me

we are supposed to be a,social species our whole development is based on mutal co operation, its not for nothing that soletarry confinement is used as punishment and to send peopke mad

Yeah! I agree completely!