The Last Person.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was relaxing having and having coffee with my wife when the phone rang..I was supposed to be in radio at 6:00 AM. The weekend supervisor never told me..I set a new land speed record...
And safely too...cool. That sucks though to be pulled away from a day off!

It's almost 1100 here..What time it it there?????

9:00 am - but now that the fridge is clean, I'm going to leave in a few minutes. Right before Thanksgiving is when I clean out all the condiments; this is the first year I haven't had a bunch of people over, and they always brought stuff for their contributions (salad dressing, pickles, etc), so the day before I always toss the old salad dressing, catsup, mustard, mayo - all the stuff people keep around that I don't use much. Kind of like changing the battery in the smoke detector at the time change.

Hi again everybody. Quick break in the action here. Thanks for the thoughts about the Ruffians.

Kacey, i am beggining to see what you mean about students. Even though they are not my students, I have been helping out in the kids programs and it is exciting to see them grow. I almost died the other day when I went to the school to pick up the Ruffians. One girl came by and with the bubbly, enthusiasm only a 5th grade girl can contain, breezed by with a "Hi Sensei Gordon!" I actually looked around to see if my brother was there, before it clicked she meant me. Me? Sensei? NOOOOOO! I am way too crappy in the art to be called that. It just makes me happy to see them moving forward, not only my own, but the other kids in the classes. There are 6 moving up in rank, and now I know why my brother does this. :)

It's a really cool feeling - and it keeps me learning; I have to feel like I've earned that, which means I have to keep my own abilities/knowledge up to par.

I imagine that there are still a few people cussing at the Ford Explorer

:lfao: If they only knew a badge carrying, blood sucking, creature of the night was behind the wheel, they would be thanking their lucky stars you were late and didn't have time for a snack on the way in. :lfao:

9:00 am - but now that the fridge is clean, I'm going to leave in a few minutes. Right before Thanksgiving is when I clean out all the condiments; this is the first year I haven't had a bunch of people over, and they always brought stuff for their contributions (salad dressing, pickles, etc), so the day before I always toss the old salad dressing, catsup, mustard, mayo - all the stuff people keep around that I don't use much. Kind of like changing the battery in the smoke detector at the time change.
That was quick! Good idea too. That stuff sits in there for ever. I think I have had the same mustard for about four years now. Gross!

You're good...It just starting to get stupid here..I imagine the poor cops working The Honey Baked Ham traffic detail...

:lfao: If they only knew a badge carrying, blood sucking, creature of the night was behind the wheel, they would be thanking their lucky stars you were late and didn't have time for a snack on the way in. :lfao:
Lol...what he said!:rofl:

What do you think my license plates read??? It's no secret....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back