Testing

risingfire

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well folks it’s that time of year again, I'M TESTING TOMMORROW! I'm not quite as nervous as last time but MUCH more will be expected of me this time around. I am up on my terminology and such...but my ground game is not as tight as I want it to be - I don't do enough outside of class and not much in class at all. I will do my best though. Wish me luck please! I hope that I don't end with a broken foot again...:-( My breaks will be intense. I will be testing for red. In our club the next is brown, then - black - where the real hard work begins! At our school a BB is just a serious student, no more, no less. You have shown you can stick with the program and learn the many basics, but when you achieve black, it just the beginning.

OP
R

risingfire

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Will do, thanks much! I am starting to get super nervous.

OP
R

risingfire

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If practice is a relief for nerves then I should be almost asleep with peace;) I have practiced a ton, then when I thought that was enough, I practiced more. I feel like I am as prepared as possible but some how I feel like I am forgetting something.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck.
icon14.gif

OP
R

risingfire

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The testing was changed to this evening. I just got home from it. I did the best I could. The following was required and I completed for red belt:

100 full pushups on fingertips
cardio
sparring
step sparring
forms
terminlogy
self defense
grappling
breaking - tonight i completed 6 breaks - hammer fist(2 boards), ridge hand(2 boards), punch(2 boards), round house (2 boards) jump spinning side(3 boards), and skip side, (4 boards) No spacers of course
My hands and feet are a bit sore and im tired but I did it. I wont find out if I passed until next week.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yahoo! you didn't suck! :bangahead::bangahead:

(I apologize profusely, cheap wine and exposure to fox net... ;) )

Latest Discussions