Tested today

InvisibleShadow

White Belt
Reaction score
I had my test today. I was nervous as hell in the beginning but got a little more comfortable as we got farther into testing. I got my terminology question right, thank God. I think I did pretty well, the hardest part was probably Kicho Il-Bo counting in Korean, but I did pretty well. I feel I passed, can't wait to find out.

The test was for my yellow belt. First martial arts test ever.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! You have taken the first step on what can be a lifelong journey - let us know when you find out the results from the testing.

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm pretty new myself (Tang Soo Do, 8th gup). I'm sure you had a load to learn for yellow belt test.

Let us know how you did. I'm sure you did fine.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on your first test.
I am sure you did well and where more than ready for it

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on the test! When I took my first test, it was me at age 44, and about 40 kids no older than 11. All the kids' parents were there :lol: It was both fun and funny :D
Glad you got one under your belt, now you have an idea of what to expect. Good luck!

jim

OP
I

InvisibleShadow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for your support. The belt ceremony was today, It was pretty neat. After we got our belts we did some training with the black belts, we had to move a lot faster, it was fun though. I feel bad though because the girl I sparred with I didn't hear her name when she told it to me and out of all the students there, probably 40, my grandmaster called on me to tell the name of my sparring partner. I of course said sir I forgot and he made all of the yellow belts do pushups. I felt like an ***, lol.

I had a great time.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, there you have it! Congratulations!

Haha! Perhaps the GrandMaster knew that you did not know, and wished to have a good excuse for pushups???

In any event, its all good, pushups are GOOD!

Congratulations again to you and your fellow students!

Robert

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hello all, thank you for your support. The belt ceremony was today, It was pretty neat. After we got our belts we did some training with the black belts, we had to move a lot faster, it was fun though. I feel bad though because the girl I sparred with I didn't hear her name when she told it to me and out of all the students there, probably 40, my grandmaster called on me to tell the name of my sparring partner. I of course said sir I forgot and he made all of the yellow belts do pushups. I felt like an ***, lol.

I had a great time.
Congratulations!

I can't hear all the time in my dojang because it's so loud. By the way, pushups are better than having to do 60 squat thrusts - the whole class had to do those when someone leaned on the wall during sparring ;)

Oh, and what's her name? :D

HG1

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had my test today. I was nervous as hell in the beginning but got a little more comfortable as we got farther into testing. I got my terminology question right, thank God. I think I did pretty well, the hardest part was probably Kicho Il-Bo counting in Korean, but I did pretty well. I feel I passed, can't wait to find out.

The test was for my yellow belt. First martial arts test ever.

Congrats!!!

OP
I

InvisibleShadow

White Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I can't hear all the time in my dojang because it's so loud. By the way, pushups are better than having to do 60 squat thrusts - the whole class had to do those when someone leaned on the wall during sparring ;)

Oh, and what's her name? :D

It's Masha, haha. I'll never forget now.

Latest Discussions