Passed my green belt test

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I tested Wednesday the 12th. Between Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido class last night I was told by my grandmaster that I passed my test and will be testing for hapkido green belt in August. Not bad for a guy with two leg braces in his 30's. That is why I say there is no such thing as "Cannot" only difficult.

It is amazing how much test jitters screw someone up. He told me that I made mistakes on the test that I never make in class. One to learn from I suppose.

Our belt ranking is (White, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, brown, red, and black.) Just to put things into perspective. Last night I taught the kids while everyone else was working on one steps. I enjoyed it very much. I taught them front stance, back stance, and h-stance. I had them work basic kicking (Front and round kicks) and side kicks. Front leg only.

I was told by the grandmaster that I had done a great job with the kids. I had a good class night. I don't want to toot my own horn, but isn't part of the point of the board to celebrate good nights as well as bad, with your martial art pals.

After hapkido class was over I celebrated by doing 5 jump spinning crescent kicks, right leg.

Hoshin

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations, Matt. I'm not a big "toot your own horn" kinda guy either, but sometimes even I do it. There's nothing wrong with being proud of something you did and offering inspiration to others. Keep up the great work, sir!

OP
matt.m

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Terry, Searcher, Phooey, Gemini:

You all seem like good guys. I would be very happy to train with all of you. I am picky who I work out with.

Just my 2 cents guys.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
matt.m said:
I tested Wednesday the 12th. Between Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido class last night I was told by my grandmaster that I passed my test and will be testing for hapkido green belt in August. Not bad for a guy with two leg braces in his 30's. That is why I say there is no such thing as "Cannot" only difficult.

Congratulations!!!!

matt.m said:
It is amazing how much test jitters screw someone up. He told me that I made mistakes on the test that I never make in class. One to learn from I suppose.

You and everyone else - I don't know anyone for whom it's different... certainly my students make mistakes at testing that I've never seen in class and never see again.

matt.m said:
I was told by the grandmaster that I had done a great job with the kids. I had a good class night. I don't want to toot my own horn, but isn't part of the point of the board to celebrate good nights as well as bad, with your martial art pals.

Of course it is - toot away!

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
From another member of the injured knee club- Congrats!! Sounds like you had a great night. It takes someone special to work with the kids and be good at it. Nice work!! :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Way to go Matt! Yes, having a bum knee stinks, but you learn.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
:partyon: It's terrific to see how far you've come!!! Keep it up!!!

- Ceicei

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Great job Matt!! It is important to celebrate because inevitably there will be "lows" during your training. Remembering how pumped you are now will help you get past those lows, so celebrate away and get ready to start working even a little harder now as green!! Congrats!!

Latest Discussions