Tattoo?

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Only one of my family crest on my left upper arm. I feel naked in this thread. Oh, I think I have a pic of me wearing it in my gallery.

HKphooey

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have an abstract tribal dragon on my shoulder and now that I have earned my 4th degree I am going to get another one this summer. I am working on the artwork now. It will be a dragon and a tiger entwined with a black belt tieing the 2 together.

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm bald. A tattoo would only attract more attention to that fact. I suppose I could have a tattoo of hair put on my head ... but that's kinda like those bald guys who grow pony tails ... not for me, I guess. But, hey if YOU like it ....

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was in the Marines for 5 yrs. So yeah, I have four. Dead man in full dress blues doing a sword salute, a bulldog on my chest, indian tribal on right shoulder, No Fear logo on left delt.

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Got two a winged chinese dragon on my chest and the trail of tear indian on my left forearm. I plan to get Trial by Fire across my back wreathed in blue, red and black flames.

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have a couple of tatoos........a samurai on my shoulder is the only MA influenced one,a metalic scorpion and some bits of tribal and a spider crawling out of my left shoulder

next one planned is a dragon to cover some strange bits of tribal that i dont like.........after the summer as the sun doesnt help them

my wife has a tatoo of the word KI in kanji on her shoulder

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have a descending eagle on my left upper chest. It needs cleaned and recolored. I got that in 82.

I plan on a dragon on my right bicep. Black with yin/yan. Who can say if I ever get it, though?

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have one tattoo. It is on my lower back. It is a custom piece with the Chinese Symbols for courage which is what the tiger represents in Chinese culture. It has personal significance to me.

Attachments

• $428995750_m.jpg
    $428995750_m.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 159

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
I have one tattoo. It is on my lower back. It is a custom piece with the Chinese Symbols for courage which is what the tiger represents in Chinese culture. It has personal significance to me.

Thanks for sharing, Pam!

beauty_in_the_sai

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a crane tatt on my back shoulder as I'm a crane fighter (defensive, flexible, quick). Also because I think they look pretty. I'd also like a Tigger tatt on my ankle (Tigger rocks!). But like Ceicei, I'm very weary of needles. I'm more into piercings myself. Yes, there is needles involved, but you only have to endure them for acouple seconds. A tatt is alot longer. It took alot of gut from me just to get my belly button pierced so I'm not sure I could take a tatt.

Becky

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting a small tat of the Wado ryu dove and fist but I can`t decide on a spot... :shrug:

Dark

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My cousin has an Okinawan Te symbol on his right shoulder, and I think I'm gonna get a tattoo across my upper back. Its gonna have Trial by Fire in tribal and wreath in in tribal flames...

Henderson

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kreth said:
Here's a pic of my sleeve back when it was first done in 2000.

Very nice! Does your artist do a lot of asian themed work? I've been contemplating a dragon, and it seems rare to find someone that "gets" the difference between asian and western dragons.

-Frank

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Got a very nice black and white portrait of Bela Lugosi on one arm done by Shotzie of NJ that goes from top of shoulder to about 3"above elbow

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Henderson said:
Very nice! Does your artist do a lot of asian themed work? I've been contemplating a dragon, and it seems rare to find someone that "gets" the difference between asian and western dragons.

-Frank
Thanks! If you check out the galleries on that site, he has a section called Asian Accents, with some nice stuff. I originally had envisioned a sword and scorcery theme, but during our conversation, I mentioned practicing martial arts, so he whipped out another portfolio focusing on his asian-themed stuff. I was impressed enough to specify a few things I wanted included in the sleeve and give him free rein on the overall design...

Drag'n

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've just finished my back.Its covered with a dragon, done by hand here in Japan. Took about 34 hrs all up. 3hrs at a time. I'm just glad to have it finished. No more pain!
I'm pretty happy with it though.
A pity I dont know how to upload pics on here.My avatar is too small for it to be recognisable.