How do you like dragons

tifire

White Belt
Reaction score
Dragon is a mythical creature, but the meaning is definitely different. In Eastern culture, it represents the power, bravery and brings blessings and good fortune. It is described as monsters in most western countries. I have watched many Hollywood movies, very few of them played dragon as a good creature.

Many oriental martial art fans love dragons and even have dragon tattoos on their arms or backs. How do you like dragons?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
No tattoos but I do play the occational game of Dungeons & Dragons. And I`m told according to the chinese zodiac I`m a fire dragon :D

RTKDCMB

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dragon is a mythical creature, but the meaning is definitely different. In Eastern culture, it represents the power, bravery and brings blessings and good fortune. It is described as monsters in most western countries. I have watched many Hollywood movies, very few of them played dragon as a good creature.

Many oriental martial art fans love dragons and even have dragon tattoos on their arms or backs. How do you like dragons?

Dragons are real, Komodo dragons that is.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have always loved the idea of dragons both good and bad.
I am also positive that there must be a good reason why so many societies across the world have tales of dragons

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
do-not-meddle.jpg

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
I like dragons; flying dragons, fire breathing dragons, and swimming dragons. I don't mean to brag but when I watch a dragon movie I can almost always tell if a fire breathing dragon is fake or real :D

I like playing dungeons and dragons; one person is the Dragon and everyone else chases him/her around with swords :lfao:

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Dragons. I played D&D since the basic set was first released. I read a lot of fantasy (but unlike some posters here on MT, I know the difference between fantasy and reality) and I have an eastern dragon with an Um/Yang on my right shoulder.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dragons are made of awesome. Just check out Ancalagon the Black, mightiest wyrm in middle earth in any age. Makes Smaug look like a homesick hobbit.

Dragon_of_the_First_Age_by_rubendevela.jpg

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I have a dragon tattoo, but I can see why people shy away from dragons in the West. It all started in Greece when, under the banner of a dragon, the Draco clan entered into a church to kill their enemies. This was unheard of, and anyone using a dragon symbol ever since falls under great suspicion. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a dragon tattoo, but I can see why people shy away from dragons in the West. It all started in Greece when, under the banner of a dragon, the Draco clan entered into a church to kill their enemies. This was unheard of, and anyone using a dragon symbol ever since falls under great suspicion. :)

Not sure the Welsh would agree.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How can you not like Dragons? Dragons rock. But that one Cirdan posted.....that's one nasty looking fella, right there.
I'm not sure if the flying beasts in Avatar were technically dragons, but they were to me. Best part of a great movie, IMO.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you not like Dragons? Dragons rock. But that one Cirdan posted.....that's one nasty looking fella, right there.
I'm not sure if the flying beasts in Avatar were technically dragons, but they were to me. Best part of a great movie, IMO.

You know what, why not. Avatar. Legendary.

Latest Discussions